Diego Carlos

PaulMcGrath_5

11 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

Mings

Mings has said his injuries in his youth were from the damage caused by him playing left back. His body can't cope with the expectations of a left back.  And definitely not one that's expected to overlap our left midfielder as on our system. 

More likely one of the youth comes in... or even Pau.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

Mings has said his injuries in his youth were from the damage caused by him playing left back. His body can't cope with the expectations of a left back.  And definitely not one that's expected to overlap our left midfielder as on our system. 

More likely one of the youth comes in... or even Pau.

We were talking about Digne and Moreno both being injured. Not Mings now becoming an attacking full back in place of the ones we have. 

18 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Could be mings torres or carlos. Guess we will see in pre season who is experimented there

I'd say we'd go with Cash as attacking RB and then Mings Torres Konsa. 

• Like 2

Carlos is a strange one - he's clearly got a lot of quality about him, and he's talked about as someone that's very much respected around the training ground for his qualities as a player and a professional, but I do wonder with the competition we have in the position, his injury and his age whether we'll ever actually see him play on a consistent basis.

I think we've seen the drop off in Van Djik who had a similar injury at a similar age, and I'm sure that Diego Carlos will feel the effects of his missed season to some extent, you'd hope he'll come back strong, but there are a lot of question marks.

From memory, he's only played two games for us, one of which was a terrible team performance, and the other the game where he got his injury, so we've never seen him settle into the Premier League, then he's missed a year with injury and now he's coming back up against two centrebacks who had excellent seasons and a new one who comes with a huge reputation and a relationship with the manager.

I might be wrong, but I'm not sure how he fits in the side - I guess if Konsa moves out to right back that increases the opportunities he has, but at the moment, he's fourth choice.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Carlos is a strange one - he's clearly got a lot of quality about him, and he's talked about as someone that's very much respected around the training ground for his qualities as a player and a professional, but I do wonder with the competition we have in the position, his injury and his age whether we'll ever actually see him play on a consistent basis.

I think we've seen the drop off in Van Djik who had a similar injury at a similar age, and I'm sure that Diego Carlos will feel the effects of his missed season to some extent, you'd hope he'll come back strong, but there are a lot of question marks.

From memory, he's only played two games for us, one of which was a terrible team performance, and the other the game where he got his injury, so we've never seen him settle into the Premier League, then he's missed a year with injury and now he's coming back up against two centrebacks who had excellent seasons and a new one who comes with a huge reputation and a relationship with the manager.

I might be wrong, but I'm not sure how he fits in the side - I guess if Konsa moves out to right back that increases the opportunities he has, but at the moment, he's fourth choice.

Be interesting to see him sprint. Not seen him do that since his injury, will be interesting to see how his achilles holds up to that and the rigours of keeping up with rapid PL strikers. 

4 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

I think with the extra games we have we'll see plenty of time for 4 CBs especially if we do play Konsa at RB in certain games. 

It's always a worry how players come back from serious injuries so we can hope he makes a full recovery in terms of physical fitness and performance.

If he does we have some excellent depth and competition in the back line now and that can only boost performances. 

I also get a feeling we might use him more in ECL games initially over Konsa as he's more experienced with European football and those games should be less competitive than PL

It's great to have such quality CBs 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

He played the Wolves game as a sub near end of the season

• Like 1

Just throwing it out there, would people be happy if we moved him on for 20 million ? 

Considering his age, his injury and the amount he cost, would that be more helpful than us than keeping him as 4th choice ? 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, brummybloke said:

Just throwing it out there, would people be happy if we moved him on for 20 million ? 

Considering his age, his injury and the amount he cost, would that be more helpful than us than keeping him as 4th choice ? 

I think so, yes. Simply because that would help us go and spend a bit more on a right back. 

Im all for having 4 good centre half’s but we’re just probably not quite at that level yet. I’d rather have a top quality right back starting and Chambers as 4th choice. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

I think so, yes. Simply because that would help us go and spend a bit more on a right back. 

Im all for having 4 good centre half’s but we’re just probably not quite at that level yet. I’d rather have a top quality right back starting and Chambers as 4th choice. 

I'd rather not see Chambers play CB. The drop off in quality is massive. We are in 4 competitions, Carlos will get plenty of game time. I don't want to see us dropping out of one of the competitions because our second string players lack quality anymore if we can help it.

• Like 2

Think we'll see him as a sub against the deep defending teams.

His quality of passing is good and he hit a lovely diagonal pass v Wolves who were barely crossing the halfway line with 20 minutes left so that's how he gets minutes in first few months as no good Mings and Konsa potentially just passing it to each other constantly if we're 0-0 going into second half v an Everton or Sheffield United.

Â