Rennes a July 30th 18:00 CET

7 minutes ago, gwi1890 said:

Honestly he had loads of time, all Needed was a touch and shoot.

Yeah, he did, but you think Gabby would have done better?

Just now, MaVilla said:

i think 4231 would be our best formation, with Couts, Buendia & Bailey in the AM three roles.

We need another midfielder for that formation.  Luiz, McGinn and JJ aren't good enough at that second CM role.

Just now, allani said:

We need another midfielder for that formation.  Luiz, McGinn and JJ aren't good enough at that second CM role.

ye, we need another midfielder, for sure.

• Like 1

It’s still playing very much like a pre season friendly - slow. Luiz summed up in a few seconds about his last few years here. He genuinely doesn’t care about losing the ball in dangerous positions. Somebody that repeatedly does that suggests to me that it doesn’t hurt him enough. 

1 minute ago, PieFacE said:

I don't think we've been too bad tbh. Look a bit rusty but we're against decent opposition.

How dare thou blaspheme thus!!

Don’t you know we ain’t going to make top half and Gerrard is sacked by Christmas?

Just now, Talldarkandransome said:

Gerrard has said none of the captaincy roles guarantees a start

Did you believe him? :)

Even without the captaincy, McGinn hardly missed a minute last season.

Same issues as always:  can't play out from the back,  can't keep possession, can't properly press and can't play through the middle. We'll basically scrap for mid-table spot due to the individual talent we have.  The team game is not there. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Â