Rennes a July 30th 18:00 CET

16 minutes ago, villanmac said:

And it will be...

"why don't we create enough for the strikers" "With all the money we've spent we shouldnt be doing better than 11th"

when the fact is you can't do anything as an attacking outlet with a striker like him. 

Completely agree. Cant fault his work rate but his finishing its dreadful. He is like a 1 in 6 chances attacker. Thats not good enough in my opinion. If we get a good offer for him we should cash in

1 minute ago, AntrimBlack said:

Archer would be up for it. He has done well every time he has been asked to step up.

He gets in to great positions. I love Watkins, but he really needs to improve. And Ings looks so far to be past it.

Coutinho has been ineffective so far. Team looks disjointed, just like last few seasons, though I realise it is preseason, but even so, slightly worrying. 

We don't know though do we. Gerrard won't give him a go.

Just now, CarryOnVilla said:

This sounds like I’m not missing much…

same kind of football that we were playing last season? 

pass, pass, pass.....lose the ball.

pass, pass, pass......launch it up field.

Watkins failing to be composed and score a goal.

Watkins wanting over 9000 touches to set himself up for a shot, gets tackled.

Very similar to last year....yeah.

Bailey looks good tho.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

This sounds like I’m not missing much…

same kind of football that we were playing last season? 

You know all those problems about piss poor passing, slow, plodding meandering buildup from the back with no ideas, dire finishing and the defence falling apart out of nowhere, that will certainly be fixed with a good preseason under our belt? Yeah.

Edited by Davkaus

Just now, Davkaus said:

You know all those problems about piss poor passing, slow, plodding meandering buildup from the back with no ideas and the defence falling apart out of nowhere, that will certainly be fixed with a good preseason under our belt? Yeah.

People keep saying it's only pre season but I think it's a bit delusional to think these issues will suddenly dissappear when the season starts. 

• Like 2

Just now, Davkaus said:

You know all those problems about piss poor passing, slow, plodding meandering buildup from the back with no ideas and the defence falling apart out of nowhere, that will certainly be fixed with a good preseason under our belt? Yeah.

giphy.gif?cid=5e2148864ysx1kqvn7ftcqgenw

sounds depressing 

Â