Rennes a July 30th 18:00 CET

Just now, allani said:

Don't be silly.  Our players are good enough to finish in the top 4 easily.  The problem is that we have a clueless manager who sends them out on the pitch and tells them not to pass to each other.  Smith did the same thing too.

giphy.gif

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, allani said:

Trouble is for the best part of 3 seasons we've given the ball away too much in midfield, put pressure on our defence and they start playing long balls into the channel as it moves the danger further away from goal.  It has been the same thing under two managers and several attempts at different systems.  At some point you have to look at it and say that the common denominator is that Luiz and McGinn just aren't good / strong enough playing together.  If they both start 30+ matches next season there is no way that we finish top half.

Ha! A bold early play of the “won’t finish top-half” card. I’ll take that and raise you, “at high risk of relegation”.

6 minutes ago, allani said:

Don't be silly.  Our players are good enough to finish in the top 4 easily.  

Can I have some of what you are smoking please :) 

• Haha 1

Just now, briny_ear said:

Ha! A bold early play of the “won’t finish top-half” card. I’ll take that and raise you, “at high risk of relegation”.

Nope.  We should be nowhere near relegation.  But we've had this same problem for 3 seasons now.  Our midfield can't control enough matches and fall apart under the press.  There has been precious little evidence in pre-season that we've solved this conundrum.  Any two of Luiz, McGinn and Sanson don't solve that.  Get someone else in who can and we'll be in with a shout.  But the idea that we are going to finish 7th or 8th playing like this is ridiculous.

Â