Rennes a July 30th 18:00 CET

Rennes are very good at getting the ball forward and they play it on the ground aswell, with us i still think there is too much of a gap between midfield and attack, although the lofted pass played into watkins then digne did lead to the bailey goal. It is noticeable that we need someone to collect more and then start attacks

Just now, Demitri_C said:

Pathetic effort that ended in a goal? 😂

No, you're right...  That was a beautiful goal and one for the history books.  Our grandkids will hear about the time Leon Bailey scuffed a shot which bounced into the corner of the net.  He clearly meant to hit it that way...  Genius...

3 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

it was a bit lucky tbh, totally scuffed it right in to the ground and it bounced in to the top corner.

A goal is a goal tho ofc.

It's a difficult skill to scuff it into the ground whilst keeping the speed to bounce into the goal. 

Just now, Talldarkandransome said:

It's a difficult skill to scuff it into the ground whilst keeping the speed to bounce into the goal. 

come on, dont try and tell me that was an intentional thing.

• Haha 1

They press us so well when we’re in possession in our own half, and we just sit off them when the reverse is true. A bit disappointing to see, but perhaps they’ll tire more in the second half. Depends on the subs they use though, I suppose.

Â