Match Thread: Man City v Villa

limpid

1 minute ago, AVFCforever1991 said:

Imagine buying bench fodder for £100 million

He'll still get a medal. He deserves it as much as someone that's pulled it out of a crisp packet

• Haha 3

I’f you’re SG what do you do at HT? Go defensively tighter or change up the offensive side of things? If he gets something here, I think he’ll have this dressing room v much bought into his vision. We might look back on this as a v  big half of football.

Edited by KevinRichardsonsMoustache

Just now, AV82 said:

Watkins is not a good footballer. Ings' bald spot is from all the scratching he's doing whilst sat on the bench.

FWIW, Ings would have had much less of an impact on this game.  Watkins has done the hard stuff really well and the more simple stuff not so well.

• Like 1

I thought we were good, we went back a bit to the more compact 4-3-2-1 that we played when Gerrard arrived - it's a bit less ambitious but gives us more bodies around the ball defensively.

City have been City, they've put pressure on around the box, but we could be more than one up and they could be down to ten men. 

Halfway toward an excellent away performance.

1 minute ago, KevinRichardsonsMoustache said:

I’f you’re SG what do you do at HT? Go defensively tighter or change up the offensive side of things? If he gets something here, I think he’ll have this dressing room v much bought into his vision. We might look back on this as a v  big half of football.

Agreed with all of this apart from the decision to not bother with 'very'.

• Haha 1