Match Thread: Villa v Burnley

limpid

2 minutes ago, jim said:

Of course, should never have started him.

Should have known better than to follow popular fan opinion, like a proper Manager... 😂

Anyway on a serious note, it's a shame, he was playing well aside from the silly fouls.

it's just so predictable when we waste possession like that.

Sorryy but Chuk isn't ready

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

2 minutes ago, Genie said:

What specifically was excellent?

Burnley have stood off Villa and let us have it right up to their penalty area where they’ve defended very well.

Dont mistake lots of possession for being excellent. We haven’t created a single good chance for all that possession.

Thought the passings been excellent , the movement, the shape, I’ve really liked what I’ve seen, maybe I just don’t get football though. 

Edited by Tommo_b

1 minute ago, AV82 said:

What about the toothless performance before it? If we'd actually created some decent chances we'd be well clear and one mistake wouldn't have us 1-0 down.

We had some solid chances. Pope made some excellent saves. 

Totally dominated the first 30 minutes, then it became the game Burnley wanted with lots of stoppages and set pieces. Then Buendia does his level best to give away a penalty and here we are.

Chuk has struggled to get into the game, McGinn’s been best player out there so far.

Hopefully we come out fired up.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, 1974Centenary said:

Didnt we find a way through it 3 times two weeks ago?

Yes... at their place.. without the pressure of our crowd.. when it was 0-0.. and they had 4 at the back. Are you guys really this narrow minded?

Any manager worth his salt would have seen going into this game that Burnley were going 5 at the back with a low block to not concede and nick a goal.

What does Gerrard do, bench Coutinho one of our most gifted attacking players and throw in an 18 year old who is not ready and should be on loan at a championship club.

Got what we deserve i'm afraid.

Edited by AshVilla

3 minutes ago, jim said:

Gerrards fault for Buendia being a tool twice.
You’ve all been slating him for not starting Buendia. You get your wish and he’s let us down big time.

I think you've mistaken me for someone else, I felt Buendia was harshly dropped after the away game at Burnley, but I've always felt he's massively overrated by many on here. 

2 minutes ago, AvonVillain said:

"Villa playing well until that moment, Pope playing well..." 5Live.

Always best to get an appraisal of how things are going elsewhere.

We were playing well, we were doing fine and then just kind of stopped and let them in, it's frustrating as ****

Just now, Tommo_b said:

Thought the passings been excelling, the movement, the shape, I’ve really liked what I’ve seen, maybe I just don’t get football though. 

No end product, it’s not impressive (to me at least) to knock it around in the opposition half in front of the defence not creating any chances.

3 minutes ago, AV82 said:

What about the toothless performance before it? If we'd actually created some decent chances we'd be well clear and one mistake wouldn't have us 1-0 down.

Erm toothless are u being for real. Popes kept them in it.

1 minute ago, Villa87 said:

Quite rightly we’ve been slating him - piss poor management. No defending that tackle at all but he is clearly trying too hard to impress for not being given a fair chance. 

**** hell! Gerrard’s fault he is trying too hard. I’ve read it all now!

Just now, Aston_Villan4 said:

We've had a couple of pieces of individual brilliance from McGinn, that threatened out of nowhere. A clear cut well worked chance? Not so much. 

Gonna be a fun second half as Burnley sit back with everyone behind the ball defending the 1-0. 

Hook Chuk and bring on Ings. Watkins looks like a lost lamb up front on his own.

Edited by duke313

Just now, Aston_Villan4 said:

Two chances that fell to McGinn outside of the box is hardly the dominating performance some people are painting on here.

• Like 2