Pre match chat

ender4

If they draw or lose then they can kiss the title goodbye, so this is going to be us up against one of the best sides in the world playing at their most motivated. Hopefully we can convince our players that because of that they shoudl be lapping up the chance to see if they can mix it with the very best or not.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, hippo said:

Just hope we knobble a couple of their players leaving them short for CL + FA cup games.

Why? I'd rather watch Liverpool win trophies than money bags man city or Chelski 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Zero7 said:

Why? I'd rather watch Liverpool win trophies than money bags man city or Chelski 

Yeah that rag a muffin squad from Liverpool assembled on a shoe string - it staggers me how many people swallow that guff .

• Haha 3

oh dear, a hammer supporting mate has decided that it's written in the stars that Gerrard will do as a manager for Liverpool what he couldn't do as a player and help them win the title. According to this batshit crazy idea we will "rollover" for Liverpool and then beat City!

32 minutes ago, romavillan said:

oh dear, a hammer supporting mate has decided that it's written in the stars that Gerrard will do as a manager for Liverpool what he couldn't do as a player and help them win the title. According to this batshit crazy idea we will "rollover" for Liverpool and then beat City!

Is he sniffing glue 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, hippo said:

Yeah that rag a muffin squad from Liverpool assembled on a shoe string - it staggers me how many people swallow that guff .

They have spent significantly less than City. And the source of City’s money is another issue. 

I’ve always quite liked Liverpool! I’d take them winning things over City all day. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

2 hours ago, romavillan said:

Well he's 50% right!

• Haha 3

On 07/05/2022 at 17:10, OutByEaster? said:

So, immediately after the Burnley win, I think there are questions for the manager in terms of selection for this one.

Chambers in midfield worked well - but can we afford to pick Konsa on his current form or do we put Chambers back into the back line?

For me I'd put Chambers back in defence - Konsa went to sleep a couple of times today, cost us one goal and could have cost us another - he can't do that against Mane and Diaz.

Secondly, and this is a controversial one - Ramsey has been excellent for us this season, but does he leave our midfield slightly unbalanced? Playing today with Luiz and McGinn as a two in midfield seemed to me to work really well - they both like the game in front of them, so they can make passes and play from midfield - Ramsey's desire to get forward and join in, both with and without the ball, for me isn't quite as balanced - even if he's back, I'm not sure I'd pick him.

Buendia or Coutinho? Big one for the boss - Coutinho has been excellent at home and not so good away. Buendia has played well every time he's been selected in the last couple of months - Buendia brings energy, aggression and that busy creativity he has, Coutinho brings that silky quality. Do we try to find a way to play both by dropping one of the strikers?

There are some definite question marks and selection will be very interesting.

I share your Konsa concerns, but I like the balance Chambers brings to midfield.

on the rest, I don't think on the surface there is any right or wrong selections, they all have merit...but niggles, is something we are not privvy to, to judge.

I think the atmosphere wil be electric, can't wait.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, romavillan said:

If they draw or lose then they can kiss the title goodbye, so this is going to be us up against one of the best sides in the world playing at their most motivated. Hopefully we can convince our players that because of that they shoudl be lapping up the chance to see if they can mix it with the very best or not.

If you can't be up for this game as a player, you never will be.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, hippo said:

when you sell players for £140 odd million, you kinda make some of your own funds don't you?.....just like we did with Jack.

There's a kinda merit in it somewhere.

It seems to me, that we don't do shocks very often, and the Last one was 7-2 or the away game at United 0-1.

It was interesting to see the recent bad run, of 4 defeats, culminated with 4 teams above us, causing us grief....we seem a bit par for the course, with teams better than us.

Under the lights, a packed Villa Park, all behind the lads, could be a banana skin for them....lets try and make it happen.

I think the longer we keep a clean sheet, the harder it will be for them, we have to avoid silly errors early on and stay in the game.

Our playing out from the back, could be crucial, to their pressing game, we need to be alert and avoid trying to out play them, by dwelling on the ball, and  inviting the press....easier said than done, sure.

UTV

42 minutes ago, TRO said:

I share your Konsa concerns, but I like the balance Chambers brings to midfield.

I'm coming around to it myself, I think for all his lack of form currently Ezri has done enough to merit a chance - even if it is against a front line as formidable as this one.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

I'm coming around to it myself, I think for all his lack of form currently Ezri has done enough to merit a chance - even if it is against a front line as formidable as this one.

I also think Mcginn and Luiz look more comfortable with Chambers at 6

I also think Cash and Digne need to be on their game too and watch the back posts, for sneaky arrivals.

19 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I'd be tempted to keep the exact same team you know.

Won't happen, but i'd be ok with it.

Buendia simply can't be dropped.

Nakamba for Konsa would be my only change 

• Like 1

On 08/05/2022 at 08:13, ferguson1 said:

Three home games in nine days, starting Tuesday evening. It’ll be a real tough one, but every side is beatable. Under the lights and a sell out crowd, we’ll give them a good game.

Changes in these three home games will need to be made, but I’d start the same side on Tuesday as the one that started yesterday. It worked and I think it could suit us for this game especially. Konsa needs a good game and fingers crossed he has one.

Leaving Coutinho on the bench against his old club would be a big call, but the right one to start the game I reckon. Gerrard even used his subs well yesterday and will be crucial again here.

Martinez

Cash            Konsa            Mings          Digne

Chambers 

McGinn                          Luiz

Buendia

Ings                         Watkins

Subs: Olsen, Feeney, Young, Nakamba, Iroegbunam, Sanson, Chukwuemeka, Coutinho, Traore.

Here’s hoping Man City win well today and dampen this Liverpool side. Going to say an entertaining 2-2 game. 

That's a fair bit of effort when you could have just said I think he'll go with the same starting XI?😉