Pre match chat

ender4

13 hours ago, Spoony said:

Liverpool are a good team and are better than Aston Villa. I’d expect Liverpool to win for that reason, but you never know. Maybe we will win. We have done before. Could also be a draw.

Back to you in the studio. 

They were better than us last year but 7-2 didn't show that on the night!

hopefully this isnt like the home game v spurs where we fail to take our chances when they arrive and then get punished for it!

on another note, I have noticed more away fans sitting in the home end, how is this happening with the demand this year and needing to be a member? against arsenal where our shape was all wrong there was 2 gunners next to me who were not very subtle at all about their support, they kept going on and on about the formation of arsenal and how they were exposing us out wide and how nketiah isnt good enough etc....then when we played spurs there was some fans from abroad who worshipped son and had to be told to move by someone as they were filming near the stairs to the concourse.

so i hope there isnt too many scousers in north stand upper tommorow, at least liverpool supporting scousers anyway :P

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, PussEKatt said:

You have to admit though that Liverpool have constantly been a top team for ages,ever since Paisley and Mercer.

Didn't they go over 20 years without winning a title.?

They are only 'in' the race this year due to some highly dubious VAR + penalty calls.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Villatillidie95 said:

hopefully this isnt like the home game v spurs where we fail to take our chances when they arrive and then get punished for it!

on another note, I have noticed more away fans sitting in the home end, how is this happening with the demand this year and needing to be a member? against arsenal where our shape was all wrong there was 2 gunners next to me who were not very subtle at all about their support, they kept going on and on about the formation of arsenal and how they were exposing us out wide and how nketiah isnt good enough etc....then when we played spurs there was some fans from abroad who worshipped son and had to be told to move by someone as they were filming near the stairs to the concourse.

so i hope there isnt too many scousers in north stand upper tommorow, at least liverpool supporting scousers anyway :P

Upper North has always been full of away fans. I used to sit up there when I got freebies as a club employee.

Had a row the one day playing Spurs, cockney words removed everywhere...and then the stewards tried to eject me for "bad language" , what made it worse was a Villa fan complained. Had a word with the stupid word removed on the way out, looked like he rather regretted snitching.

I was only having a go at the cockney interlopers. Told the stewards I was leaving anyway as I didn't want to sit by Spurs pricks.

They moved us pretty soon after :)

36 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

Upper North has always been full of away fans. I used to sit up there when I got freebies as a club employee.

Had a row the one day playing Spurs, cockney words removed everywhere...and then the stewards tried to eject me for "bad language" , what made it worse was a Villa fan complained. Had a word with the stupid word removed on the way out, looked like he rather regretted snitching.

I was only having a go at the cockney interlopers. Told the stewards I was leaving anyway as I didn't want to sit by Spurs pricks.

They moved us pretty soon after :)

must be a an ITK thing amongst away fans then that the stand is easy to get tickets in or something, seems to be happening more regularly. I've only been there 2 seasons and one of them was cut short as it was the promotion one, club needs to clamp down on it imo, with all the ticket demand

14 minutes ago, Villatillidie95 said:

must be a an ITK thing amongst away fans then that the stand is easy to get tickets in or something, seems to be happening more regularly. I've only been there 2 seasons and one of them was cut short as it was the promotion one, club needs to clamp down on it imo, with all the ticket demand

It’s tricky to clamp down on. 

All you have to do if buy a Villa annual membership and then you have access to buy tickets in the home stands for any game you want. 

It happens everywhere, I know of 2 Man Utd fans who live in London (yes I know!) and they buy annual memberships for Spurs at £80 each. They then buy home tickets to Spurs vs Man Utd each year. No other tickets, just that fixture every year.

Edited by ender4
  • Shocked 1

4 hours ago, hippo said:

Didn't they go over 20 years without winning a title.?

They are only 'in' the race this year due to some highly dubious VAR + penalty calls.

Give credit where it's due. 

They certainly did have a barren run in terms of the league title, but they have always had a stature about them ever since Shankley developed the boot - room era. You don't win that many European trophies without having something special.

Real Madrid have it too. The kind of stature that instills belief as an obligation. Hence, two goals in the last minute and one more in extra time for the coup de grace, and as stunning as that was, it really wasn't that surprising, because it's Real Madrid.

There is nothing lucky about that kind of continuous success. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

I dunno if we can we afford to play two up front against Liverpool tbh. They will come to win and to score lots of goals to help the GD.
Sit, frustrate, counter seems to be our best shot. 

I can see Liverpool making a few changes, the league is City's to loose and Liverpool have the FA Cup this weekend, they won't risk key players getting injured.  Not that it will matter, they'll still beat us like.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Herman22 said:

They have spent significantly less than City. And the source of City’s money is another issue. 

I’ve always quite liked Liverpool! I’d take them winning things over City all day. 

There you go - thats what friends in the media and good PR does for you.

I bet liverpools first scorer tonight - will have cost more then our record signing (£33m)  - which says everything. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, hippo said:

There you go - thats what friends in the media and good PR does for you.

I bet liverpools first scorer tonight - will have cost more then our record signing (£33m)  - which says everything. 

Does it? This a team that have won the champions league and the premier league in the last few seasons! The expectation is that they will buy more expensive players than a team that were in the championship 4 years ago. 

If you want to have a go about players fees City spent 100m on Grealish last summer. A player they didn’t need. United spent 80+ million on a massively over rated English centre back and a French midfielder who doesn’t try half the time. Same for Lukaku at Chelsea. 

Liverpool don’t spend to the scale of those other teams yet are probably the best team in Europe right now. That’s down to great management and brilliant recruitment. If there was a model to follow I know where I’d be looking! 

• Haha 1

On 09/05/2022 at 05:08, Spoony said:

Liverpool are a good team and are better than Aston Villa. I’d expect Liverpool to win for that reason, but you never know. Maybe we will win. We have done before. Could also be a draw.

Back to you in the studio. 

Lovely to meet you Mr Peter Walton. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Herman22 said:

Does it? This a team that have won the champions league and the premier league in the last few seasons! The expectation is that they will buy more expensive players than a team that were in the championship 4 years ago. 

If you want to have a go about players fees City spent 100m on Grealish last summer. A player they didn’t need. United spent 80+ million on a massively over rated English centre back and a French midfielder who doesn’t try half the time. Same for Lukaku at Chelsea. 

Liverpool don’t spend to the scale of those other teams yet are probably the best team in Europe right now. That’s down to great management and brilliant recruitment. If there was a model to follow I know where I’d be looking! 

But the argument was they didn't spend big - not that they spend big and can justify it.

Yes sure Chelsea and City spend big. But they don't go round telling anyone who will listen otherwise.

City are streets ahead and good to watch - Liverpool are artificially a close second due to a whole run of dubious penalties and VAR claims - for instance the 3 points they gained v us earlier in the season with a Salah penalty  - without that they would 5 points adrift now - and thats only 1 game.

They wouldn't be in the FA cup final without a string a favourable decisions v forest  again just one game 

Edited by hippo
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

11 minutes ago, Talldarkandransome said:

Busy defence tonight, when we create chances we're gonna need to take em. I know I know stating the obvious.

Need a strong ref too

Good luck with that.

Liverpool haven't had a penalty in the last few games 

• Haha 1