Pre match chat

ender4

17 hours ago, Zatman said:

the last game was very easy for them as we didnt even try. Liverpool fans say we are the worst team to go to Anfield this season as we time wasted from the 5th minute

I will be disgusted if we roll over on Tuesday

We just played for a 0-0. Salah penalty was incredibly soft so we may have got it without that as think there was only 20 minutes left. We won't be the first or last to go to Anfield and play like that.

They were surely rest a few players. Can't see them starting Salah or Diaz with the cup finals coming up and league pretty much gone and they also took Robertson off halfway through second half.

What they put out will still be very good but I reckon we can get something here if we believe enough.

Think they will go full strength. Extra day of recovery compared to Chelsea for the FA Cup final and it’s pretty much do or die for them in the league after City won so convincingly today (GD swing). If we beat them they can wave goodbye to the league so I think they’ll be right up for it.

Definitely need to focus attacks down our left to try and exploit TAA getting forward so much. I’d be tempted to throw them all in tbh

Martinez

Cash Chambers Mings Digne

Tim

Bertie Emi Coutinho 

Watkins Ings

(not really)

• Haha 1

They have an FA Cup Final on Saturday. They're unlikely to win the league now, they'll rue it if they get an injury on Tuesday and then someone important gets injured. 

Although they have genuine depth now so it's still a frightening prospect no matter what they put out.

But I think we'll see Firmino back from injury and straight back in. Alongside  Diaz and Mane (so Jota and Salah rested). Maybe Matip back in over Konate. Keita in for Henderson who went off after 65' Vs Spurs.

Firmino

Mane.                       Diaz

Thiago.       Keita

Fabinho

Robertson VVD Matip TAA

Alisson

Liverpool are a good team and are better than Aston Villa. I’d expect Liverpool to win for that reason, but you never know. Maybe we will win. We have done before. Could also be a draw.

Back to you in the studio. 

On 07/05/2022 at 12:40, VillaChris said:

Unchanged team for me.

On 07/05/2022 at 15:18, Xela said:

I think he has already said there would be changes (in the BBC post patch interview). 

Based on the last few matches, I think he's in experimentation mode...I suspect there will be changes, and some of them will be unexpected.

2 hours ago, Robtaylor200 said:

Quite an upset and Rumor mill will kick off if we roll over and then stop Man Shitty . Seriously no matter how positive we feel on the day I expect only one result. Just hope it's not a thrashing

I can tell you one thing, we have a few players in this squad who would never 'roll over' regardless of managerial commands. Too competitive and proud.

I don't think SG would entertain throwing the game himself to be honest. He's a competitor. He demands high standards.

• Like 1

I too think there will be changes...

Coutinho will almost definitely play, I'd like to see Buendia start too as he deserves it.

Chambers gave us something in midfield but Konsa is a liability now so he needs benched.

Some difficult selection decisions for this one. Gerrard said we’d make a couple of changes but no idea who comes out.

I can see Coutinho coming back in but for who I don’t know - surely not Buendia who was our best player at Burnley, Ings-Watkins partnership is looking good and both are scoring. 

Then there is Chambers at DM and the defence. I’d be tempted to drop Chambers back into CB and bring Nakamba in for Konsa who once again was poor against Burnley, but not sure he’ll do that. 

All I want to see in this one is we play to our best and cause them some problems, we can’t go gung ho but equally can’t put 10 men behind the ball all game. Best way to take something is on the break with Ollie running in behind their high line but of course it’s likely we lose. Best result for Gerrard will be a battling Villa performance and a narrow loss, then he keeps both sets of fans onside.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

I think this will be  the first time we have played Liverpool at home with crowd since the 6-0 hammering over six years ago.

Looks like you have mentally blocked the last minute loss a few years back!

3 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

I've woken up convinced we'll win this.

Could someone come slap some reality into my daft head please?

We are a difficult match up for them since we came back up in fairness:

November 2019- were 1 up until 89th minute and should've got a draw.

July 2020- Was 0-0 until 73rd minute.

October 2020- Freakish but glorious night from start to finish.

April 2021- Lost to 93rd minute goal from Trent.

December 2021- Just played for a 0-0 and nearly got it but for a very soft Salah penalty.

So it's completely different to when we play Spurs or Man. City in that those two usually knock a couple of goals past us in quick succession and then we're chasing shadows, we give Liverpool good games since we've come back and I like to think Tuesday will be no different.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

I too think there will be changes...

Coutinho will almost definitely play, I'd like to see Buendia start too as he deserves it.

Chambers gave us something in midfield but Konsa is a liability now so he needs benched.

Would be criminal to drop Buendia, that can't happen surely. Think Ollie stays in and he certainly unsettled Liverpool last season when he was pressing well. Ings perhaps drops out as he dosen't seem to be able to finish for us against decent teams.

Think we need 3 Cms in for this so one of the forwards will have to miss out.