vs Man Utd in Perth (July 23rd)

Just now, bobzy said:

Sure, but they aren’t playing intricate passing football. The pitch is **** awful.

Their second goal was a ball over the top of a far-too-static Mings with a complete mishit going in off the back of Cash. Hardly “wow, Man Utd!”

but why can't we stop such random play.....Mings out of position and the far post wide open once again.....its so,so easy for United.

I have seen nothing to fear United.....only the way we are playing against them.

1 minute ago, jacketspuds said:

Don’t Man Utd look ten times better under their new manager? He has had less time to put his stamp on the team?

The problem is trying to shoehorn too many expensive players in to a plan that doesn’t work.

Yeah they also probably have a squad with double the quality of ours.

They have just been severely mismanaged and disjointed for seasons.

1 minute ago, AV82 said:

He's trying something different. Hallelujah. Let's see what it brings.

Maybe that's his game plan for next season?  Make 5 changes at half time and hope for the best?

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, AV82 said:

I can't wait for Gerrard to blame the conditions.

I don’t think he will. He’ll certainly note the pitch but will accept we haven’t been good enough. 

He rarely makes excuses to be fair to him 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, jacketspuds said:

Don’t Man Utd look ten times better under their new manager? He has had less time to put his stamp on the team?

The problem is trying to shoehorn too many expensive players in to a plan that doesn’t work.

Good players are only effective if you can get a tune from them. 

A collection of good players will only get you so far.

A good coach will make a bunch of decent players into a decent collective unit.

That said it is Man U who probably have better players and a top proven coach. We won't come up such well stocked clubs each week in the PL.

I mean week 1 is Bournemouth!!! FFS 

Â