vs Man Utd in Perth (July 23rd)

Just now, AV82 said:

It'd be great if the manager could come up with new ideas to get our misfiring fowrards into the game instead of having to rely on buYiNg MoRe PLayErs.

The answer is to sell one of them as clearly they can’t play well in the same team consistently. Whether that’s under this manager or the last one.

It's only a friendly but Gerrard still looks like he doesn't have a clue with how he has set us up. Keeps persisting with this Ings-Watkins nonsense, yes we may have had some decent results on occasion last season playing with them but they have never worked consistently with one another and never will.

A good manager would be getting this team at the minimum playing slick football and setting us up correctly to bring the best out of our most talented players. Under Gerrard we do neither of those things. I could see him losing his job at some point during the season if we don't improve because we don't look any better than last season on today's evidence and have looked pretty poor in all our other preseason games too against weak opposition. 

With the state of this pitch and without trying to sound defeatist, the biggest goal today will be to get out of this with no injuries. Proper 70s mudbowl.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, IrishVilla10 said:

Have cash and Mcginn ever linked up well, in all the games they’ve played together? Cash gets the ball gets the head down and route one back to United. Get Ings off Buendia on the right and try and hold the ball 

Mcginn never linked up well with anyone for the past 4 seasons

• Thanks 2

Just now, AV82 said:

The ref and the pitch are as shit as each other but we're still devoid of any ideas of creativity. I have no faith in Gerrard to turn this around.

First part yes. Not sure about the second part.

Just now, est1874 said:

Is your every post going to be about how dramatic other posters are? Just checking so I know whether to mute you or not 

Must be thinking of someone else since I’ve only made the one comment but if you mute me am I spared from your whiny posts as well?

3 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Obviously not as a person or a player in and of himself, but in terms of impact on the team, Ings is one of the worst signings we've made in years. Don't know what the club were thinking.

I have similar vibes with the coutinho signing. Obviously an exceptional player but it means we don’t play many of our better players including our best player (Buendia imo)

Nice work by Coutinho, poor from Digne on the cross. He left Sancho wide open again on the counter too, had more than enough time to get back.

It looks like he needs minutes to get back to speed, feels a bit off his form from end of the season.

1 minute ago, BOF said:

With the state of this pitch and without trying to sound defeatist, the biggest goal today will be to get out of this with no injuries. Proper 70s mudbowl.

All I see out there are handlebars and sideburns.

Â