Match Thread: Leicester v Villa

limpid

2 minutes ago, bobzy said:

This sort of game makes me wonder what the **** we do in training.

2 weeks to prepare and put in this kind of performance.  Wow.

You not seen the videos of training this week of them doing crossing with no defenders in the routine so a simple tap in 😆

4 minutes ago, Chap of Steel said:

Only caught the last 20-25 mins but my word that was poor. 

Can't help but wonder if Gerrard has told some of the players they're not part of his plans. 

You’d think some would go out there with a point to prove. So many mentally weak players in our squad. 

This is ok, nothing more.

Looking reasonably untroubled and a clean sheet. So far so good.

However, we’re not really troubling Leicester either.  Bailey has lost any pace he had for some reason and perhaps lost any confidence he had?

McGinn sluggish again and Luiz sloppy.

We’re holding them but more so because Leicester haven’t left third gear. 

• Like 1

Just playing for a 0-0.

Really worrying we can't impose ourselves v Leicester team not even bothered about premier league.

As much as a new DM is desperately needed they won't solve how disjointed we look in final third. Bailey way off the pace and Coutinho and Ramsey barely touched the ball.

Just so flat watching us these days.

What's going on with Bailey? He looks completely crocked. Whatever about his quality but one thing that couldn't be denied about him previously was that he was rapid, but he's looked totally laboured every time he's moved.

• Like 1

if the game progresses like it has we'll lose it. these players really need to find some goddam pride and quit moping about on the pitch. show us what we know you're capable of ffs!

Edited by osmark86
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Ashley Young the only player to come out that half with any credit and he's 56.

Some might say he’s Ashley ‘not so’ Young eh Rodders!

But no, seriously, we’re really s**t

9B880094-2636-4CE6-93F4-C87CCE5DB13C.thumb.webp.f8fdbdde949cbb6f37c43f3ad3d70f59.webp

Edited by SuperTed
  • Haha 3

Dreadful stuff. People on these pages creaming themselves the last 3 years over Luiz. He is one of the flakiest I’ve seen in a Villa shirt. Attitude way too casual. Doesn’t care if he loses the ball. Doesn’t seem to bother him, that’s what bugs me. Ollie looks like he’s running in treacle again. Think he’s hit his ceiling . We badly need a new striker in the summer. 

1 minute ago, sne said:

Still done more than Coutinho tbf. 

Imagine if we were paying the full £430k/w or so salary for Coutinho and this was what he offered. Thank god we are only paying £200k/w or whatever :D 

Still possible he will pop up with something spectacular in the 2nd half of course.

Agree, but no big deal everyone has an off day take off Coutinho bring on Emi B see how we go

I do wonder why we love playing out from the back in and around our 18 yard area. It's absolutely ridiculous and no wonder we give away cheap goals so much.

Leicester play out from the back but their defence is 40 yards up the pitch doing it that's the difference.

Bailey needs to be running into the spaces more often - when he has done we've looked dangerous. Just a shame the final ball has been woeful every time.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Just playing for a 0-0.

Really worrying we can't impose ourselves v Leicester team not even bothered about premier league.

As much as a new DM is desperately needed they won't solve how disjointed we look in final third. Bailey way off the pace and Coutinho and Ramsey barely touched the ball.

Just so flat watching us these days.

I think the initial problems left unchecked have spread through out the team.....They all look off form now.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

I can only read the Google stats and this to gauge our performance. It’s seems like we are getting worse with each game under Gerrard?

The partisan press are full of ‘big few last games’ ‘lots of players with something to prove’ ‘nothing to play for so expect some chances being given to fringe players’ etc, but looking at our line up its Groundhog Day. Why not try something different FFS, we’ve seen how poor this set up and 11 is together over the past 5 games….

Edited by thunderball
  • Like 1

Just now, Talldarkandransome said:

Well that was a bit dreary, snooker more exciting. Young awful, Bailey awful, Mcginn awful, Is Coutinho playing. Get some of the youth on

Not sure what Ashely Young has done to get on that list - I thought he was our best player in that half!

Bailey, Coutinho, McGinn should all be looking over their shoulders at the bench in the second half on those performances.

• Like 2