Ratings & Reactions: Leicester v Villa

limpid

Match Polls  

136 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 26/04/22 at 23:00

Leicester were there for the taking today - they clearly had their eyes on their upcoming game and weren't really bothered at all. 

The issue from me wasn't the team Gerrard put out but rather the in-game management or lack thereof. Subs should have been made a lot earlier to change up the attack. 

• Like 2

Just now, lexicon said:

Leicester were there for the taking today - they clearly had their eyes on their upcoming game and weren't really bothered at all. 

The issue from me wasn't the team Gerrard put out but rather the in-game management or lack thereof. Subs should have been made a lot earlier to change up the attack. 

Some discernible tactics that play to our players strengths would bring a tear to my eye.

• Like 2

I don’t think we were that poor, I actually think we probably edged it in terms of the play. Both sides were equally bad at corners. 

It was just typical of an end of season match between two sides who can’t achieve anything. 

Without going overboard, I think Iroegbunam did well with the touches he had and Buendia was lively when he came on. The fact Gerrard started with Bailey and judging by his comments, he’s clearly concerned about us having no pace with both Buendia and Coutinho as 10’s. That said, Bailey really isn’t very quick and was poor overall today. 

Nobody learnt anything new today. We need a new centre half, a new defensive midfielder and probably a new striker at the very least. 

Still not a fan of the formation. 

30 minutes ago, VillaFaninLondon said:

Newcastle are 9th, can you believe it. 

And apparently their managerial appointment was shit.

1 minute ago, Delphinho123 said:

That said, Bailey really isn’t very quick and was poor overall today. 

The funny thing is that Bailey is really quick, I’m not sure what we are seeing though because I can’t remember seeing it while he’s played for us.

• Like 2

Point away at Leicester isn’t to be sniffed at. We weren’t very good today though, especially in the first half. Voted Buendia MOTM as we looked more likely to score when he came on. Good to see Iroegbunam get minutes and look solid.

• Like 1

Coming off 4 losses makes this result worse than it is. Leicester have spanked many teams this season. Emi didnt have a save to make. It's a good result. We have the worst team in the league home next week and we ourselves are due to thrash someone.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, R.Bear said:

Coming off 4 losses makes this result worse than it is. Leicester have spanked many teams this season. Emi didnt have a save to make. It's a good result. We have the worst team in the league home next week and we ourselves are due to thrash someone.

Except it wouldn’t surprise me if we lose.

17 minutes ago, nick76 said:

The funny thing is that Bailey is really quick, I’m not sure what we are seeing though because I can’t remember seeing it while he’s played for us.

If it walks like a duck, swims like a duck, and quacks like duck, its probably a duck.

I could run faster.

• Like 1

We got the scrappy point we needed today and away at Leicester it’s not bad.

Looking at the bigger picture though, anyone expecting that team to do anything more than 11th next season is going to be sorely disappointed. All the money spent and we are still a million miles off being a decent team.

I would be very reluctant to give Gerrard significant money in the summer, sell the project to someone with more pedigree.

After the last few matches it was important to have a good disciplined defensive performance and that’s what we got.

Four points off Leicester is not a bad return for the season.

wouldn’t be surprised if defensive strength is Gerrard’s key priority for the rest of the season.

We need to get much more focused in our attacking play but that may be for next season after a decent transfer window.

58 minutes ago, nepal_villan said:

Guess you don't need 11 of your own players to turn things around. 

No, but 5 in area's where you are weak......really helps.

9 minutes ago, AVFCDAN said:

We got the scrappy point we needed today and away at Leicester it’s not bad.

Looking at the bigger picture though, anyone expecting that team to do anything more than 11th next season is going to be sorely disappointed. All the money spent and we are still a million miles off being a decent team.

I would be very reluctant to give Gerrard significant money in the summer, sell the project to someone with more pedigree.

I would be very surprised if Gerrard isn’t given another season at least, and it would be pretty crazy to starve him of transfer funds.

I certainly don’t want to see this squad struggling through another season without some real quality added.

Your formulation of the manager being given money to spend isn’t how it works these days. There are a lot more people involved in buying strategy so as long as we have the right people  doing that work, who is the manager becomes less significant for transfers.

Edited by briny_ear
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Honestly mate, all I can judge him on is his time here and aside from the Everton match where you could argue he broke away with pace, he’s look bang average in terms of his speed. 

Nowhere near as quick as I thought he was. 

Â