Ratings & Reactions: Leicester v Villa

limpid

Match Polls  

136 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 26/04/22 at 23:00

2 hours ago, sne said:

Was painful watching us trying to pass it out from the back with no clue as to how. Only Luiz showing for the ball and Martinez, Mings and Konsa getting more and more pressed by the Leicester players.

Credit to Leicester for making it difficult for us but what is the plan here. How are trying to get the ball from Martinez to Coutinho which I assume is the idea? Why else play Coutinho. We looked like we didn't have a clue, especially in the first half.

There were absolutely individual performances that played a big part in why we looked so clueless with the ball bouncing off Watkins, Bailey and McGinn like it was repelled from them. But most of the time we didn't even get the ball to them.

Coutinho had 25 touches and only made 16 passes with a 68% accuracy (according to Whoscored). And it's not like that tired Leicester team played a blinder on either side of the pitch.

Our issues goes deeper than just getting a couple new players in.

It will only get worse as well if fans get there wish for Luiz to be dropped and Nakamba or McGinn end up going into that position 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, sheepyvillian said:

Which is par for the course for two mid - table teams at this time of the season.  I mean, it was never going to be an all time classic. It certainly was a difficult watch, but I wasn't in the least surprised. 

Compare it to Brighton Southampton now and 2 teams in a similar position to us

8 hours ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

Should Villa have been given a penalty when Baileys shot hit Fofanas arm?

I was texting with a mate who is die-hard Leicester during the game.  I said if we were one of the Sky 6 it would have gone to VAR and been given as a penalty.  No doubt whatsoever.  He said I completely agree.  

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, The_Steve said:

Liverpool would get this given and a 3 minute VAR delay 

clear intention.....its a pen to a normal team.

should play in goal next game.

Edited by TRO

On 23/04/2022 at 18:10, Delphinho123 said:

Honestly mate, all I can judge him on is his time here and aside from the Everton match where you could argue he broke away with pace, he’s look bang average in terms of his speed. 

Nowhere near as quick as I thought he was. 

Yeah I've noticed this too and I was hoping it was while he was coming back from injury. But he's been out-paced by a few players now at this rate. The first I spotted was Livramento. I thought he was a cheat code in terms of pace, like Adama at full pelt, but at very best he just seems to be the top end of normal.

• Like 1

On 24/04/2022 at 12:00, sheepyvillian said:

Which is par for the course for two mid - table teams at this time of the season.  I mean, it was never going to be an all time classic. It certainly was a difficult watch, but I wasn't in the least surprised. 

We're not a mid table team unfortunately

19 hours ago, TRO said:

clear intention.....its a pen to a normal team.

should play in goal next game.

That's not clear intention. He's sliding in to block the ball, I'd like to see you do that with your arms behind your back. It'd have been a ridiculously harsh penalty.

2 hours ago, Davkaus said:

That's not clear intention. He's sliding in to block the ball, I'd like to see you do that with your arms behind your back. It'd have been a ridiculously harsh penalty.

we would not have got away with that.

Â