Better Call Saul - The Final Season (untagged spoilers!)

Stevo985

Yes it was very good.  I'm going to have to watch it all again because there are still strands of the story that confused me mainly because I've forgotten things along the way.  I think Breaking Bad is better but I watched that all on the boxset so all the story arcs were freshly in my mind and I'd need to see BCS again to make a proper comparison. 

Perfection.

I remember years ago when BCS started, I watched the first few episodes and thought nuh, this is some cheesy spinoff with a completely different tone that just wont satisfy me, having watched the greatest show ever (along with Sopranos) , it just isnt going to do it for me. How wrong was I. Its on a magnificent par with BB for me. So well written, beautifully shot, its just so so good. The attention to detail is faultless the way the whole BB world interconnects. 

Imagine people on this planet that havent seen Breaking Bad, Better Call Saul or El Camino yet. I feel equal pity and envy for these people. 

Oh yeah, and Rhea Seehorn is the most beautiful woman in the world 😍

• Like 1

5 years of breaking bad and then 7 years of BCS, that’s a third of my life spent in this universe. I would barely change a thing about it, there’s probably less than 10 episodes combined I didn’t really care for.

Hard to see how that level of writing can be matched in a TV universe again, and there’s people who haven’t seen any of it!

• Like 4

Not going to lie, I shed a tear. Just heartbreakingly perfect. 

I’m going to start watching it again from the start because I miss that world already. That, and anything else will just seem rubbish in comparison.

Didn't love the finale if I am honest but I did like it. It is not even in the same league as Breaking bad for me but it was a good series overall. It'll be interesting to see what Vince Gilligan does next

Edited by Bizzzle

I believe the first time we ever saw Kim it was her and Jimmy sharing a cigarette against the wall in the parking lot of whatever law firm she was at at the time? Am I remembering that right?

Which makes that final scene even more beautiful

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Bizzzle said:

Didn't love the finale if I am honest but I did like it. It is not even in the same league as Breaking bad for me but it was a good series overall. It'll be interesting to see what Vince Gilligan does next

This ^

I mean, when you consider some of the scrapes Saul/Jimmy got in to and with some very dangerous characters,  I felt he could've gone out in a relative blaze of glory. 

Great series though.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mottaloo said:

This ^

I mean, when you consider some of the scrapes Saul/Jimmy got in to and with some very dangerous characters,  I felt he could've gone out in a relative blaze of glory. 

He could have. But he chose to not go out in glory, and became Jimmy again. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

But it was a blaze of glory.

He chose framing himself as the mastermind behind the biggest drugs operation in history and getting a life sentence (effectively) over a preagreed deal that would see him out of prison before he was 60 but everyone would have thought he was a scared little pawn.

That is his blaze of glory. He went out on top just like he said he would.

Like Walter said, he's always been this way. He can't help it

Bang on.

It was in keeping with his personality and done to absolute perfection.

• Like 1

I thought it was brilliant. 

Spoiler

Loved the way they killed off saul at the end leaving Jimmy. 

Perfect opposite of what happened to Walter White who just couldn't/didn't want to turn back.

Â