Match Thread: Villa v Spurs

limpid

1 minute ago, TheMightyVillans said:

All these games where the other team doesnt have to work hard to score. Just have to wait for us to be sloppy...

It's the difference between teams with technical ability (Spurs) and teams that work hard (Villa).

If you have talented players, it's easy to score with limited chances, but workman like teams give up good chances all the time without scoring.

We've very little technical ability in our squad, so we give away, and miss, a lot.

4 minutes ago, Dale said:

Lol. Neither was Dean. 

Gerrard won't see a full season as villa manager, I'd put good money on it. 

You’re absolutely right. Smith wasn’t either, but we had to try something different and, like it or not, Gerrard’s appointment has got us away from the threat of relegation.

Gerrard won’t see all of next season if he signs the sort of players he keeps hinting at and we continue to be shite.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, 1974Centenary said:

Villa fans who want to see us lose to further the Gerard out agenda make me sick.

Agree totally. We’ve shown fight today and Gerrard can’t be blamed for poor defensive errors and poor finishing. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, 1974Centenary said:

Villa fans who want to see us lose to further the Gerard out agenda make me sick.

I don't want to see us lose. I hope Gerrard exceeds my expectations, as I imagine everyone does.