Ratings & Reactions: Villa v Spurs

limpid

Match Polls  

135 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/04/22 at 23:00

1 minute ago, Pissflaps said:

How many points do we get for today from the imaginary XG points table?

It's a pointless bullshit stat. 

We lost 0-4 at home. That's all that matters.

Agree. This game proves that stats on their own prove nothing.

27 minutes ago, brummybloke said:

Mgcinn a left footed attacking midfielder playing on the right, in very poor form, can't keep his position and leaves cash exposed throughout and when he has his recently terrible form, resorts to Hollywood rubbish passes.

We have Ramsey a right footed player on the left, who for the last 6 or 7 games has been off form, with a habit of ignoring any overlaps and just playing it back slowing down any forward momentum bat maybe 2 decent things per game.

It's quite normal to have a left footed player on the right and vice versa these days.

Edited by TomC
Corrected spelling

2 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Any unbiased neutral who watched that game, would have seen that the scoreline doesn't reflect it, nor do the stats.

However, it does reflect the fact that we can't finish, and need a higher quality of defender/player in certain areas.

Two paragraphs that seem to argue with each other.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, duke313 said:

Too many sentimental players from the Smith days. They were good enough to get promoted, and consolidate in the league. But if we have any realistic ambition of cracking Europe, massive changes needed.

Spot on. There should be no doubt on where we are at the moment.

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Any unbiased neutral who watched that game, would have seen that the scoreline doesn't reflect it, nor do the stats.

However, it does reflect the fact that we can't finish, and need a higher quality of defender.

I genuinely don't care what anyone wants to say, as we already know how certain people feel, but that was the best we've played in probably weeks/months in that first half.

Let down by a combo of individual errors, poor finishing, and their keeper playing a blinder.

Tottenham pumped 5 past Newcastle and Everton prior to us, and have 2 of the best attackers in the world.

This is why I stated that I was dreading this game. As Tottenham have been in scintillating form, and everyone hates Gerrard, so it was never going to end well regardless. Knowing our defensive frailty, and our impotence.

I now look forward to Man City, Liverpool and Leicester etc with an oxygen tank. lol

You are correct, the result wasn't on Gerrard. We were always likely to lose this no matter what he did and but for shit defending and shit finishing we would have made a real game of it. 

I do wonder how long he can carry on losing though before it just becomes too much. Leicester next and if we lose that then the pressure to get something against Norwich will be massive for Gerrard.

25 minutes ago, Awol said:

I don’t blame Gerrard for this (although why Chambers was dropped is beyond me). Very few players going into this summer knowing their Villa future is secure. Martinez, Cash, Digne, Mings (maybe), Ramsey, Coutinho, Buendia. Anyone else could easily be sold. 

My list is the same as yours...

Just now, Pissflaps said:

How many points do we get for today from the imaginary XG points table?

It's a pointless bullshit stat. 

We lost 0-4 at home. That's all that matters.

You know that’s not true. If we perform like that we will win more often than we lose. Today was harsh on us and I guarantee you that when the emotion subsides most fans will see that. Tough one to take but we have played much worse than that this season and won.

4 minutes ago, calcifer said:

What is going on with Watkins, he would struggle to finish his dinner at the moment! 

His form is terrible, but then Ings is the same. The bright spot is JJ, we’ve some player on our hands there. 

7 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

However, it does reflect the fact that we can't finish, and need a higher quality of defender.

I genuinely don't care what anyone wants to say, as we already know how certain people feel, but that was the best we've played in probably weeks/months in that first half.

Let down by a combo of individual errors, poor finishing, and their keeper playing a blinder.

Tottenham pumped 5 past Newcastle and Everton prior to us, and have 2 of the best attackers in the world.

This is why I stated that I was dreading this game. As Tottenham have been in scintillating form, and everyone hates Gerrard, so it was never going to end well regardless. Knowing our defensive frailty, and our impotence.

I now look forward to Man City, Liverpool and Leicester etc with an oxygen tank. lol

Most people don’t hate Gerrard, I’d love him to succeed here.

i can’t ignore that despite the stats, the huge majority of our shots on target were scruffy, over the shoulder, dropping high ball, ricochets through crowded defences, a free kick from a silly angle. We didn’t make clear cut chances where the players have a clean strike on goal. Tottenham, even from an incredibly lucky deflection made 4 and converted 4. Tactically we look blunt, and when we have Konsa doing what he did today, of course we got beat. We don’t defend well and we don’t attack well, but the players worked bloody hard and hustled for half chances for 40 minutes.

Our best chance was a player making an individual run. I’m really concerned about the coaching.

Edited by a m ole
  • Like 2

We are a spineless team, who can’t play for 2 half’s of football. We are weak mentally and have wasted a lot of money on bang average players. 17 games we have lost this season it’s disgraceful and shows what a weak side we are. We roll over for virtually every team in the league. If you need 3 points you want to play us, there is simply no fight in us for 90 minutes!

It’s getting worse under gerrard, played good after there 1st goal till half time can’t take our chances, rest of the game was utter garbage

Edited by rbcuk
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, M_Afro said:

You know that’s not true. If we perform like that we will win more often than we lose. Today was harsh on us and I guarantee you that when the emotion subsides most fans will see that. Tough one to take but we have played much worse than that this season and won.

Except for the defense and the forwards, you mean?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Davkaus said:

Except for the defense and the forwards, you mean?

Konsa had a bad day but the rest of the defenders were fine. I thought Digne was really good. Ings had a bad day at the office and JJ and Bailey should both have scored. Conversely, Son had probably the most lethal day of his season. It happens and we just have to accept it.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, M_Afro said:

Mate, we’ve lost more games this season than games we have won/drew combined. The win more than we lose thing is rubbish… 

5 minutes ago, TomC said:

It's quite normal to half a left footed player on the right and vice versa these days.

Which is fine if the chemistry is there, for us it isn't.

Ramsey needs to either be in the middle or a sub.

Mcginn needs to be a sub

Luiz either further forwards or a sub.

Both wide midfielders hang our defence out to dry several times a game.

Luiz isn't aggressive enough to cover

Add in konsa shocking performances of late and You have 90% of the reason we get walked through most games.

Â