Ratings & Reactions: Villa v Spurs

limpid

Match Polls  

135 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/04/22 at 23:00

3 minutes ago, AV82 said:

The difference today was one world class forward. If Son and Watkins had changed places today I’m very confident we’d have won the match comfortably.

Mate if it was Michael Antonio we probably would have ffs. Lol

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, AV82 said:

The difference today was one world class forward. If Son and Watkins had changed places today I’m very confident we’d have won the match comfortably.

And Spurs had not one but two world class forwards. If we had swapped forwards we would have been out of sight at half time.

7 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Don't give a f*CK

Oh the score line of 4-0 you don’t care about.  Glad we were outstanding despite conceding a sloppy goal and not taking any of our chances first half but yes we were the better team.  Great, we get a participation award!

10 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

We were let down by the same individual errors we have been time and time again, under both managers.

But Gerrard is an upgrade and surely we could at least reduce the mistakes through coaching yet we are exactly the same.

11 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

So the absolute tripe notion that we have progressively been getting worse and there are ZERO positive signs since SG has been in hold no place in reality, given that just TODAY we were better than most people have seen us all season.

We lost 4-0, we’ve lost the last 4 games, we’ve conceded 9 goals and scored 2.  Our strikers can’t score, our defenders look like conceding a goal or two every game without really trying.

14 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

The result has been done and discussed to death.

Because we’ve only won 4 in the last 15 total games since Xmas.  Losing 4-0 is bad…let me say that again…we lost 4-0 of course the result is going to be talked about to death because we lost 4-0 following three defeats and now 14 points in 14 games plus defeat in the cup.

16 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

If the EXACT same game was played under the last Manager, I know exactly what the posts would be.

I assume the same slaughtering rightly deserved and he got sacked because of similar type results

17 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I'll call out concerns and shite decisions, but I'm not going to just run along with untruths to pacify peoples anger.

Untruths? You give stats that say we were the better team yet we lost 4-0.  You aren’t saying untruth but neither are we but the only fact that in the end matters is 4-0 defeat just like 4 wins in 15 total games, just like 14 points in the last 14 games.  So we play really well one half but go in 1-0 down and you want us to be delighted? Then concede 3 goals second half.  

20 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

NONE of us are happy about the result.

something we agree about.

You seem to want us to be delighted about 45 mins, ignoring the 1-0 half time score, conceding 3 goals second half, not being able to defend, not being able to score and after the poor results and many poor performances since Xmas.  

Just fantasy land!

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Teams with smaller budgets and spends have been outperforming us… it’s quite embarrassing…

Spurs have won two League Cups in 30 years.

Everton have won one FA Cup in 35 years.

Leeds havent won anything in 30 years.

West Ham havent won anything in 40 years.

Newcastle havent won anything in 50 years.

In other words, success isnt easy an clubs at our level havent done any better. With the exception of Leicester.

• Like 1

Just now, R.Bear said:

You can say that about almost every Villa manager for the last 20 years.

Ditto.

Ditto.

Ditto.

Well the signs were that we completely outplayed a Champions League bound PL side today for 45 minutes. Yes its the result that matters and yes it means nothing without a result but there are 4-0s where youve been completely outplayed and there are 4-0s where you get punished severely by a better side who have world class forwards.

These feelings and emotions are not based on today’s or a single game… it’s been a poor season overall and Gerrard has done a poor job so far, imo.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, R.Bear said:

You can say that about almost every Villa manager for the last 20 years.

Ditto.

Ditto.

Ditto.

Well the signs were that we completely outplayed a Champions League bound PL side today for 45 minutes. Yes its the result that matters and yes it means nothing without a result but there are 4-0s where youve been completely outplayed and there are 4-0s where you get punished severely by a better side who have world class forwards.

What is the Villa squad cost against the Spurs squad. We have the 4th highest transfer player in history 

... They have Matt Doherty 

52 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I’m still very much undecided on Gerrard but this is crazy. Today was a freak game

7733A9D9-D95F-4A59-BEE5-174134E83511.jpeg

I don't really understand that, surely Son being one-on-one would be expected to score?  The other 3 were good finishes but not really anything out of the ordinary.  I may completely have missed the point though!

6 hours ago, FLVillan said:

But I see very little being said about how poor Mings was today.  First goal he stood and watched as the ball dropped, first off the Konsa header then again after the Kane shot.  He literally just stood to the side and watched Konsa attempt three challenges.  He'd probably tell you he was "marking" Son, yet when the ball came to Son he was too far off him as usual and gave him the time and space to pick his spot.

I'm not sure I'd call Mings poor today, but I agree that he dropped off Son on the first goal, taking a half step away from him.

3 hours ago, theboyangel said:

The second half, spurs got it tactically spot on and soaked up our pressure and countered well and clinically. Their transition from defence to attack was quick and impressive. 

They adjusted their tactics at halftime. We rarely seemed to do so under Deano and rarely do so under SG.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RicRic said:

CHUKWUEMEKA why aren’t we playing him ??

My guess (purely a guess) is that maybe he's decided to leave, so they're decided not to do him any favors.

• Sad 1

7 hours ago, M_Afro said:

Spurs had a XG of 0.98. Ours was 1.48. Stats straight from planet earth 2022

The more I see of the XG, the more I realize that it isn't very useful.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, sharkyvilla said:

I don't really understand that, surely Son being one-on-one would be expected to score?  The other 3 were good finishes but not really anything out of the ordinary.  I may completely have missed the point though!

Players miss chances more often than people think. Unless they're facing an open goal or a penalty, it's rare that the xG of the shot even breaches 0.5. Son is noticeable a freak overperformer in this regard however.

3 hours ago, sharkyvilla said:

Expected to score? No. But that was one of the higher xG chances. 0.25

The rest of the goals were extremely low xG. To score 4 from those chances is very unusual. And then to add our missed chances into the mix as well makes it a strange game. 

It would suggest that it was a good performance today despite the very poor result

Â