Ratings & Reactions: Villa v Spurs

limpid

Match Polls  

135 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/04/22 at 23:00

Just now, Davkaus said:

We were the better team for a half, and were nowhere near clinical enough. We were then nowhere near the better side in the second half and got slapped.

No luck involved. We lost because of our own failings.

Second half was 50:50. First half was absolute one way traffic 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, MellbergsBeard said:

Conte proving how a manager should manage a squad. 

Yes, by having 2 of the best attackers in the world starting in your squad, against individual defensive errors. First rule of "Showing how a Manager should manage club "

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 2

Where is the next point coming from? Why is the manager persisting with a system the squad is clearly not equipped to play? We are very lucky that season's end is nearly here, we are in freefall and that is very concerning. Surely any manager on a run like this would go back to basics and try to make us difficult to score against? I'm at a loss to think what could be going on behind the scenes at VP, but it clearly isn't right. 

• Like 3

I said in the pre match it was gonna be tricky, turns out it wasn't really.

We couldn't score from any of our chances and they score from pretty much all of there's. 

It's never fair to employ and sack a manager in the same season, he needs a full pre season and at least 2 transfer windows to out his markers down. 

I may be alone in that though as its about results and we aint getting any

• Like 3

1 minute ago, M_Afro said:

Second half was 50:50. First half was absolute one way traffic 

Wasn't luck that we fluffed our chances then imploded every time Son touched the ball though, was it.

We should have done better, and could have got something from the game, but we got what we deserved.

The 4th goal summed up the second half and Gerrard's tactics. Digne was in their half when the ball hit the back of our net. Center halves pulled all over the place and no holding cover in midfield.

We looked good going forward at times, but we are consistently exposed when it breaks down. Conte got in to them at half time, they started to put their foot in and break up our play. Game over.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

Can we also acknowledge Juve fans are morons when it comes to rating their own players? Bentancur and Kulusevski were shit to them. Seem to be more than fine for Totty

Kulusevski was excellent. Bentancur was good, but not so good that I think that he would have solved our problems.

5 minutes ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

Can we also acknowledge Juve fans are morons when it comes to rating their own players? Bentancur and Kulusevski were shit to them. Seem to be more than fine for Totty

They were shit to some of our resident Transfer Committee as well.

Glad I go on holiday late next week to turn off from it.  

Just sucks!

Trying to be positive after the determination first half but I’m flat, pissed off and just over it.

• Like 1

At least we got 45, for the most part rather good minutes eh. Shame we collapsed like a flan in a cupboard in the second half.

Fwiw it was terrible finishing in the first and mainly terrible defending in the second that sunk us. 0-4 is 0-4 thou.

Just now, Mantis said:

Relative to ability we must have the most mentally weak team in the league. Fragile from top to bottom.

I was thinking this, no mental strength.

Our players are in the main losers, one or two have a winning mentality.

Konsa is poor, I'd replace him.

Ings was woeful, missed two or three great chances. Anyone else think his legs are gone, looks way slow to me?

Spurs are good though, we are miles off because the players are mostly average.

3 minutes ago, Mantis said:

Relative to ability we must have the most mentally weak team in the league. Fragile from top to bottom.

Yep we have no real leaders either when we really need it.

Â