Ratings & Reactions: Villa v Spurs

limpid

Match Polls  

135 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/04/22 at 23:00

Highlighted the problems to me.

Watkins and Ings, poor

Kosna, always been a fan, but defensively made so many mistakes for me. I can see why SG seems to want to replace him.

Midfield?   inbalanced and rudderless.

Couthnio was magnificent 1st half, but they realised stop him you stop us. Ramsey needs a rest as does McGinn.

You have to allow SG the opportunity to fail, let him bring his own players in, and see if he can get them to fit in to his system. 

Son is good, but bloody hell we helped him tonight

• Like 1

We are seeing exactly what the glass ceiling is now. You cannot break it without consistency and we are the epitome of inconsistent.y. 

That will never change without better players and/ or a better manager. 

We gave it our all in the first half but as we saw , their top quality consistent players won the game for them. 

Very frustrating but the prem has moved on in the last 13 years or so since we were top 6. 

Conte is a brilliant manager. Rode out our pressure and then just picked us off at will. 

What the bloody hell is going on … i want bailey , luiz , buendia , mcginn gone this summer and watkins to drop to bench,  im very infuriated but i will feel the same way regardless of what im witnessing right now

Let's not kid ourselves here, oooh they are world class this that the other.

We were utter pathetic in midfield after the adrenaline of cashes tackles wore off. Back to the normal ineffective poor positioning lack of effort no leadership rubbish in the middle we have had far too many times this season.

Same 3 

Ramsey who even my dead nan can see needs dropping, mcginn again my dead nan had him down to be dropped several games ago and Luiz.

We have in the middle luiz who is slow non aggressive and did I mention slow ? 

Mgcinn a left footed attacking midfielder playing on the right, in very poor form, can't keep his position and leaves cash exposed throughout and when he has his recently terrible form, resorts to Hollywood rubbish passes.

We have Ramsey a right footed player on the left, who for the last 6 or 7 games has been off form, with a habit of ignoring any overlaps and just playing it back slowing down any forward momentum bat maybe 2 decent things per game.

So that's our midfield, every week. 

Doesn't matter how shite they play doesn't matter that they repeat the same errors each week, nothing matters because those get picked full stop.

Add in taking Chambers out of the team and putting a woefully under performing konsa straight back in.

Konsa has done a watkins and regressed hugely this season and at the moment is a liability.

What message does that give to the squad ? 

Play shit get stupid reds and tell you what guys, I will pick you next week.

Guys becoming a laughing stock with his shit team selections and lack of motivation.

I await the but but but its not his squad excuses and other nonsense.

Edited by brummybloke

3 minutes ago, TomC said:

Kulusevski was excellent. Bentancur was good, but not so good that I think that he would have solved our problems.

Yeah I don’t think he would’ve provided a Kante level of transformation for us but I think he would’ve been an upgrade for our midfield. He just seems steady which is nice to see. 

1 minute ago, Tayls said:

It shouldn’t just be on Gerrard - we weee losing five in a row with Smith as well and any win we did get this season was hardly convincing. Our recruitment in the summer was horrendous. Many called it back then but were shot down. 

Honestly, 70% of our players are pretty much awful footballers. 

I disagree, they just don’t fit this system and we play 40% slower than we need to with the ball.

No good moving the ball at a pedestrian pace, it needs to be faster as that what separated the first and second half today, we played the first half at the right tempo, we didn’t come out second 

Luiz- get rid.

Konsa - get rid.

Mings - get rid.

Ings - get rid

Watkins - get rid.

Bailey - get rid.

Let's see what Archer can do at this level and hopefully save us a few bob. 

That midfield is nothing but paper, teams just rip through it. Until we find players with the mentality required for what makes a team become noticed, we are continually going to be served up time and time again with what we witnessed today.

I still have every bit of faith in this manager being able to produce a Villa team that will compete with whoever is in front of us. And when I say compete, I mean in every department on the pitch.

Edited by sheepyvillian
  • Like 1

Again individual errors cost us.

Villa lack mental toughness, we are weak. Sure one or two winners in the team but it's a big part of the game and it needs to be addressed.

The gulf between top six and Villa is vast, we are just so average.

Week in week out visit the player threads and people will debate which players are good enough to push us on. I honestly think less than half of the players who played against Spurs are good enough.

• Like 1

Â