• Oasis
    • Lynard Skynard
    • The Allman Brothers
    • Coldplay
    • Nirvana
    • The Beatles
    • Queen

Pearl Jam should be on the list.

Seriously :shock: While I really only like their first 3 albums (the new direction is not really my cup of tea) the talent of the band is immense, especially live. Hands down the best of the Seattle bunch.

Cripes. I actually forgot the Kaiser Chiefs exist, but I wouldn't say they are particularly rated.

Love the Beatles but it angers me that they are set as the benchmark against which all music is measured.

From the list I'd go Coldplay. Seriously, how are they remotely appealing?

I'm torn between my hatred of Oasis and Nirvana (and disappointed The Beatles and Queen aren't votable but Black Sabbath are?! Get the **** outta here). Then again, I hate Aerosmith probably just as much as Oasis and Nirvana. Sod it, I'm voting for Nirvana.

We live in an age where Black Eyed Peas can top the charts that lyrics taken direct from a Facebook status and any talented nobody can have a number one if they get on to some Simon Cowell shit program. In comparison to this travesty, all the bands listed above are legends of music that couldn't possibly be over-rated.

We live in an age where Black Eyed Peas can top the charts that lyrics taken direct from a Facebook status and any talented nobody can have a number one if they get on to some Simon Cowell shit program. In comparison to this travesty, all the bands listed above are legends of music that couldn't possibly be over-rated.

Who did you vote for?

U2 even though they have numerous belters, they appear to think they are bigger and better than the Stones or the Beatles. Neither which is true.

of those above Nirvana.

I am sure if Chris Martin commited suicide a few years ago Coldplay would be achieving an even higher status than they already do.

I love Coldplay' music, not the individuals though. (although they are probably alright).

Beatles

The Stone Roses

Kasabian

Arcade Fire

Manic Street Preachers

I disagree with just about everyone on your list (save the Beatles) Wiggy! :lol:
I was very tempted to say that I agree with all of them EXCEPT The Beatles!

But it wouldn't be quite true.

I DO love the second Roses album (head and shoulders better than the first - now that one IS overrated).

And as for Kasabian, Arcade Fire and the Manics, I honestly couldn't think of a song by any of them. I have a feeling I've heard a couple by Kasabian and MSP and thought they were so-so, but nothing by AF as far as I'm aware. Doubt if they'd do much for me, what with me being me.

Still, at least they aren't rap/hip-hop or one of its fingernails-down-a-blackboard derivatives.

Â