• Black Sabbath
    • Oasis
    • Lynard Skynard
    • The Allman Brothers
    • Coldplay
    • Nirvana
    • The Beatles
    • Queen

Nirvana were and to a degree still are the band of their generation. Until they came a long the mainstream guitar music scene was saturated with bloated stadium rock, and big haired rock poodles (Although the underground music scene at the time did have some of my favourite bands of all time). Nirvana took it back to basics in same way The Pistols, The Clash etc did in the mid to late 70s. Balls out, **** have it, heavy music that had something to say. If you weren't there when it happened, or you missed it, then you probably never will get it. If you were lucky enough to be in the right place at the right time, you'll never forget how amazing it and they were.

Nirvana were and to a degree still are the band of their generation. Until they came a long the mainstream guitar music scene was saturated with bloated stadium rock, and big haired rock poodles (Although the underground music scene at the time did have some of my favourite bands of all time). Nirvana took it back to basics in same way The Pistols, The Clash etc did in the mid to late 70s. Balls out, **** have it, heavy music that had something to say. If you weren't there when it happened, or you missed it, then you probably never will get it. If you were lucky enough to be in the right place at the right time, you'll never forget how amazing it and they were.

:thumb: :nod:

Nirvana were and to a degree still are the band of their generation. Until they came a long the mainstream guitar music scene was saturated with bloated stadium rock, and big haired rock poodles

jon_bon_jovi.jpg

After reading through this thread only one mention of them?

Nirvana were and to a degree still are the band of their generation. Until they came a long the mainstream guitar music scene was saturated with bloated stadium rock, and big haired rock poodles

jon_bon_jovi.jpg

After reading through this thread only one mention of them?

Bon Jovi is a good shout. Although are they really rated by anyone who is seriously into music?

Aah glad someone brought up Kings of Leon - they WERE good. Then they went mainstream and were utter utter SHITE.

Charmer and Molly's Chambers gave way to fecking Sex on Fire, which is IMO the most overrated song ever.

Their old stuff bores me, I can sing along to their new stuff.

Bon Jovi is a good shout. Although are they really rated by anyone who is seriously into music?

They've sold like a gazillion records and sell out huge stadia all over the world year after year... are all of these people 'not into music'? :shock:

Aah glad someone brought up Kings of Leon - they WERE good. Then they went mainstream and were utter utter SHITE.

Charmer and Molly's Chambers gave way to fecking Sex on Fire, which is IMO the most overrated song ever.

Their old stuff bores me, I can sing along to their new stuff.

That's the middle aged woman's answer....Kings of Leon were best when you couldn't make out the lyrics...Now they've gone all Phil Collins....It's a shame!

They've sold like a gazillion records and sell out huge stadia all over the world year after year... are all of these people 'not into music'? :shock:

Was about to say this, every Bon Jovi album still seem to sell around 10million copies, which is absolutely crazy considering even the biggest Bon Jovi fans know they haven't released anything 'worth listening to' since 1994.

Apart from the obvious culprits like U2, Stereophonics and Coldplay (**shudders**) there's also predictable churned out, over-polished, trite shite like Nickelback and Kid 'bastard' Rock. Also 80% of the absolute gubbins played on Kerrang radio that I occasionally have to suffer through (Linkin Park, Panic at the Disco, Fall Out Boy, My Chemical Toilet and all that copy and paste corporate cock-sucking bollox). Oh, and Bucks Fizz.

In a word, no. Black Eyed Peas, Boyzone, Westlife, any number of shit pop groups sell gazillions of records, and have sell out tours galore. Doesn't mean they're not shit.

Â