• Black Sabbath
    • Oasis
    • Lynard Skynard
    • The Allman Brothers
    • Coldplay
    • Nirvana
    • The Beatles
    • Queen

In a word, no. Black Eyed Peas, Boyzone, Westlife, any number of shit pop groups sell gazillions of records, and have sell out tours galore. Doesn't mean they're not shit.

A little bit different though, Bon Jovi outsell Boyzone in one album, and have sold over 70 million more than both the Black Eyed Peas and Westlife.

In a word, no. Black Eyed Peas, Boyzone, Westlife, any number of shit pop groups sell gazillions of records, and have sell out tours galore. Doesn't mean they're not shit.

A little bit different though, Bon Jovi outsell Boyzone in one album, and have sold over 70 million more than both the Black Eyed Peas and Westlife.

They've still never written anything that I'd like to buy or choose to listen to.

Here's two artists I find over rated, that I expect very few people to agree wth me on. Elvis and Bob Marley.
Hallelujah, it's not just me then.

Elvis - talk about a career trading off your first 12 months. Sure, he must have been dynamite when he first hit the scene (ripping off blues artists like Arthur Crudup, but we'll let that pass). But how long did it take before he was Colonel Parker's lapdog, doing cheesy ballads, joining the army, making religious albums and a load of unbelievably bad films? Then years and years of mediocre pop and the whole bloated Vegas thing. Awful, awful, awful.

Marley, well, he was OK, but then I never liked reggae all that much.

Here's two artists I find over rated, that I expect very few people to agree wth me on. Elvis and Bob Marley.
Hallelujah, it's not just me then.

Elvis - talk about a career trading of your first 12 months. Sure, he must have been dynamite when he first hit the scene (ripping off blues artists like Arthur Crudup, but we'll let that pass). But how long did it take before he was Colonel Parker's lapdog, doing cheesy ballads, joining the army, making religious albums and a load of unbelievably bad films? Then years and years of mediocre pop and the whole bloated Vegas thing. Awful, awful, awful.

Marley, well, he was OK, but then I never liked reggae all that much.

I love Reggae inspite of Bob Marley. The Lee Perry stuff I can bare, and I fully admit that the Wailers were great musicians, but his music just leaves me cold. I just find it very dull.

I'm a huge Elvis fan and even I agree that on some level he is overrated. And YES, Bob Marley gets too much play.

Prince

Would have 100% agreed with you before I saw him play live. Couldn't think up enough superlatives to describe him after the show though.

(Think I've probably mentioned this before in here somewhere). :?

Never, ever got the fascination with Elvis. Glorified club singer.

Prince

Would have 100% agreed with you before I saw him play live. Couldn't think up enough superlatives to describe him after the show though.

Prince is actually underrated IMO. Most people only know his pop hit songs and have no idea he's actually a great guitarist. All 3 feet of him.

Prince

Prince is actually underrated IMO. Most people only know his pop hit songs and have no idea he's actually a great guitarist. All 3 feet of him.

Is it true he had a couple of ribs removed so he could...ya know...

Prince

Prince (when he's not hunting down jockeys) is a phenomenally good live act.

I love Elvis, though I wouldn't argue with the 'glorified club singer' quip; I think therein lies the attraction. Oozed charisma, a hedonist, talisman, and chancer. And played a huge hand in bringing 'the Devil's music' to the masses :thumb:

I'm surprised no-one has said Muse - whilst I love their music and have heard they are amazing live, a few of my mates always say they're "really overrated".

I love Elvis, though I wouldn't argue with the 'glorified club singer' quip; I think therein lies the attraction. Oozed charisma, a hedonist, talisman, and chancer. And played a huge hand in bringing 'the Devil's music' to the masses :thumb:

He refused to dine at Cybil Shepard's open legged cafe. Enough said. :D

Â