Summer 2022 Transfer Thread

sne

good player but its wolves again buying wide attacking players the one position where they actually have depth while having none in any other position

their central midfield bench options at the weekend were 2 kids and conor ronan

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, villa89 said:

€30m for Werner? Lepzig could have got him for half that if they played it better. 

€30m for a 26 year old international with a reasonable goal scoring record seems good value to me.

45 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Coady to Everton is super random 

Great for Everton. Loan with an option to buy for a club captain and England international. Only drawback is he seems to be best in a back 3, which I didn’t think Lampard played.

However, smart business for Everton alongside Tarkowski.

Envious how Brentford continue to do their business. Never even knew until yesterday they’d signed Aaron Hickey. Ben Mee is a shrewd piece of business. The danish lad from Sampdoria, Damsgaard is a class player. Probably haven’t spent 40 million id say, if even. 

1 hour ago, jacketspuds said:

Great for Everton. Loan with an option to buy for a club captain and England international. Only drawback is he seems to be best in a back 3, which I didn’t think Lampard played.

However, smart business for Everton alongside Tarkowski.

Everton played a back 3 as recently as Saturday. And mostly played it since Lampard turned up there so in that respect Coady is a very solid signing for them alongside Tarkowski.

7 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Everton played a back 3 as recently as Saturday. And mostly played it since Lampard turned up there so in that respect Coady is a very solid signing for them alongside Tarkowski.

Then Coady is an excellent signing. Looks like Saturday could be more of a struggle than I already think it will be.

10 hours ago, The_Steve said:

Coady to Everton is super random 

Coady wants to go the the World Cup and is not a guaranteed starter for Wolves now they play 4 at the back. If he starts every game for Everton he has a chance. 

I have a sneaky feeling something similar is happening with Mings / Gerrard. 

• Like 1

Â