Summer 2022 Transfer Thread

sne

Wolves turned down a £35m bid for Gibbs White from Forest. Based on this ridiculous bid they should have been falling over themselves to sign Davis for £15m. If Forest do come back in for him I really hope we stand our ground now!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

If you're expecting to ever finish in the top 6, it is futile. We never will. The only value in football is just watching it to enjoy the games, imagining we are part of some 'project' that will eventually lead to us 'taking our rightful place at the top table' or whatever else is a pointless fantasy. Our biggest problem is that our competent and effective owners will eventually come to realise the futility and look to sell us. 

Only 4 times in the last 10 seasons has the top 6 being the same 'top six'. 

1 minute ago, WHY said:

Wolves turned down a £35m bid for Gibbs White from Forest. Based on this ridiculous bid they should have been falling over themselves to sign Davis for £15m. If Forest do come back in for him I really hope we stand our ground now!

Doing a Fulham on steroids. It could end badly if they don’t stay up 

3 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Doing a Fulham on steroids. It could end badly if they don’t stay up 

Not sure they are mate, they were in the same boat as us when we came up, needed to replace quite a few loan players and out of contract players. They are having to spend money to build their squad. Like we did the spend looks a lot but when you break it down to the number of players they’ve signed it’s peanuts really. 

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, a m ole said:

One good season and a lot of money but my impression from Cucurella suggests he’s a top level fullback.

on thing i do like about it is barca didnt give him a chance while paying alba £300k+ a week

and juan miranda plays for betis also didnt get a sniff

shambles of a club

2 minutes ago, WHY said:

Not sure they are mate, they were in the same boat as us when we came up, needed to replace quite a few loan players and out of contract players. They are having to spend money to build their squad. Like we did the spend looks a lot but when you break it down to the number of players they’ve signed it’s peanuts really. 

True. I totally sympathise with the rebuild - but throwing £35m at a player like Gibbs-White is something else.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, WHY said:

Much as it disappoints me, I don’t think Forest are going to be coming back for Davis 🙁

2 minutes ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

Didnt realise Chelsea have casually just spent over £170m without anyone batting an eyelid. This guy will match Abramovich by the look of it

Yeah but they sold players too, they got a full £8m back for lukaku. Solid business model. 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Peter Griffin said:

Only 4 times in the last 10 seasons has the top 6 being the same 'top six'. 

I make it 5 times in the last 8 years. 

Leicester breaking into it 3 times and Wet Spam, the 1 time, meaning one year two of the big 6 missed out. 

16 minutes ago, Xela said:

Leicester breaking into it 3 times and Wet Spam, the 1 time, meaning one year two of the big 6 missed out. 

2 seasons back, the season Purslow got disappointed we didnt make top 6 Arsenal and Spurs missed out

23 minutes ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

Didnt realise Chelsea have casually just spent over £170m without anyone batting an eyelid. This guy will match Abramovich by the look of it

2 years after spending £200m

Spent around £600m in 5 years 

27 minutes ago, Xela said:

I can have a look again, maybe I made an error but I did say the last 10 and I do recall that when I looked up the table I was surprised that Newcastle and Everton finished in the top 6 for the 1st 2 years I looked at. So assuming I made a mistake and u are right on the count of 5 times, that is still 5 times in 10 seasons, so 50% of the time a team has finished in the top 6 that isn't one of the top 6. The point of my comment was to refute the idea that it is impossible to finish top 6.

6 minutes ago, Peter Griffin said:

I can have a look again, maybe I made an error but I did say the last 10 and I do recall that when I looked up the table I was surprised that Newcastle and Everton finished in the top 6 for the 1st 2 years I looked at. So assuming I made a mistake and u are right on the count of 5 times, that is still 5 times in 10 seasons, so 50% of the time a team has finished in the top 6 that isn't one of the top 6. The point of my comment was to refute the idea that it is impossible to finish top 6.

I Think only City have finished top 6 consistently in the last decade, others in scum 6 have had off seasons and dropped out. It's not impossible to do but you need luck, smart hungry signings to achieve it or in Everton/Newcastle case a red hot striker

Â