Summer 2022 Transfer Thread

sne

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

I Think only City have finished top 6 consistently in the last decade, others in scum 6 have had off seasons and dropped out. It's not impossible to do but you need luck, smart hungry signings to achieve it or in Everton/Newcastle case a red hot striker

I agree, finishing top 6 is not easy by any means but it is a realistic target for a club, not for Villa this season but I would think in the 24/25 season if we have the right manager we should be pushing for top 6 with the caveat that NSWE and Purslow are still in place 

Wijnaldum gone to roma on loan

Veretout to marseille from roma for 11m

Levi Colwill gone to Brighton on loan from Chelsea 

Matt Miazga joined cincinnati on a free after 6 years and 2 games for Chelsea 

Lookman to atalanta from RBL 9m

Alex Telles to Sevilla on loan from utd 

4 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Wijnaldum gone to roma on loan

Veretout to marseille from roma for 11m

Levi Colwill gone to Brighton on loan from Chelsea 

Matt Miazga joined cincinnati on a free after 6 years and 2 games for Chelsea 

Lookman to atalanta from RBL 9m

Alex Telles to Sevilla on loan from utd 

u missed Cornet to Hammers for 17.5m

Just now, theboyangel said:

Bit of a premature move to the states - he could still do a job in the Premier League as 2/3 choice striker

He’s looked absolute dog shit whenever i’ve seen him. Clubs would be better off playing an u21 as backup.

• Like 1

Just now, theboyangel said:

Bit of a premature move to the states - he could still do a job in the Premier League as 2/3 choice striker

He should rip it up over there. I think some of the defenders may struggle to with his strength. He could be like the Villa Tekkers for Rooney. A nice long contract too. But yes, he could still do a job in the PL

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, penguin said:

£60m for Cucurella?? Am I missing something or have Chelsea lost their head with the Man City interest?

Brighton must be laughing their tits off, tidy profit for one season.

he's a good player (Cucurella), but i find it mind boggling that they have Chilwell who they paid 50m for, then Cucurella at 60m.

110m on two left backs......

9 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

Less than 20 goals in the last 5 seasons and the cynic in me suggests the one season he hit double figures was because his contract was expiring

5 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

he's a good player (Cucurella), but i find it mind boggling that they have Chilwell who they paid 50m for, then Cucurella at 60m.

110m on two left backs......

Chilwell has been out of action since last Nov with a very serious injury. A team competing at the highest level cannot rely on him for the coming season. They needed to buy another LB and getting a good one means they can ease Chilwell back and now they are very nicely covered in that position

Edited by Peter Griffin
Fixed a typo

15 hours ago, Peter Griffin said:

Chilwell has been out of action since last Nov with a very serious injury. A team competing at the highest level cannot rely on him for the coming season. They needed to buy another LB and getting a good one means they can ease Chilwell back and now they are very nicely covered in that position

They already had Alonso and Emerson, two other internationals, at left back. I find there transfer policy quite baffling. There seems to be no consistency to it. 

1 minute ago, Xela said:

They already had Alonso and Emerson, two other internationals, at left back. I find there transfer policy quite baffling. There seems to be no consistency to it. 

Probably because Marina Granovskaia is gone

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, MachoFantastico said:

Chelsea closing in on De Jong now apparently, crazy how much they've spent this window.

They’ve been in danger of slipping into Arsenal/Spurs territory, so another billion needed to spend to keep up appearances like they might challenge Liverpool and Man City.

Football is **** insane, I wish I’d stuck to goalkeeping as a young kid and been forced to go to practice more as I reckon I could have had a career like Bettinelli or at least Mark Bunn. I blame Andy Townsend and Dwight Yorke.

Brentford signed Damsgaard. And now I have friends who are fans telling me that they will finish in the top 6. A year ago, they cried about getting one season in the Premier League. Now, they think that it's a doddle. Wishing relegation on the arrogant fools! 

• Confused 1

22 minutes ago, Django_Zooms said:

Brentford signed Damsgaard. And now I have friends who are fans telling me that they will finish in the top 6. A year ago, they cried about getting one season in the Premier League. Now, they think that it's a doddle. Wishing relegation on the arrogant fools! 

They are Brentford fans, they are obviously winding you up and its working

Â