Summer 2022 Transfer Thread

sne

11 hours ago, Xela said:

It all feels futile sometimes!

If you're expecting to ever finish in the top 6, it is futile. We never will. The only value in football is just watching it to enjoy the games, imagining we are part of some 'project' that will eventually lead to us 'taking our rightful place at the top table' or whatever else is a pointless fantasy. Our biggest problem is that our competent and effective owners will eventually come to realise the futility and look to sell us. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

If you're expecting to ever finish in the top 6, it is futile. We never will. The only value in football is just watching it to enjoy the games, imagining we are part of some 'project' that will eventually lead to us 'taking our rightful place at the top table' or whatever else is a pointless fantasy. Our biggest problem is that our competent and effective owners will eventually come to realise the futility and look to sell us. 

they must have their eyes open, I know the rules are being tweaked further towards absolute bullshit with this 70% of your revenue thing but hopefully unlike lerner these guys know what the PL is and non of these financial restrictions that are actually competition restrictions put them off

its why purslow is worth his weight in gold too

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

they must have their eyes open, I know the rules are being tweaked further towards absolute bullshit with this 70% of your revenue thing but hopefully unlike lerner these guys know what the PL is and non of these financial restrictions that are actually competition restrictions put them off

its why purslow is worth his weight in gold too

Oh god what fresh hell is this?

Agree on Purslow, he's the consummate 'industry insider' so even though I have plenty of issues with him I agree with you that he's worth his weight in gold. 

3 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Oh god what fresh hell is this?

Agree on Purslow, he's the consummate 'industry insider' so even though I have plenty of issues with him I agree with you that he's worth his weight in gold. 

new proposed UEFA rules, you can only spend 70% of your revenue on wages, agent fees and transfers

and according to forbes chelsea's 2021 revenue was $586m compared to our $236m

putting the "fair" in to fair play

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

24 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

new proposed UEFA rules, you can only spend 70% of your revenue on wages, agent fees and transfers

and according to forbes chelsea's 2021 revenue was $586m compared to our $236m

putting the "fair" in to fair play

To add to this ours was 210.

If we expand our stadium to 55k Radrizanni (owner) reckons that would put us close to 300mil.

This from the 3rd or 4th biggest city in England, with no nearby rivals practically for the county so our catchment area for fans is enormous. We were even 6th in the country for shirt sales in 2021 and none of it matters.

• Sad 1

7 minutes ago, Rino8 said:

To add to this ours was 210.

If we expand our stadium to 55k Radrizanni (owner) reckons that would put us close to 300mil.

This from the 3rd or 4th biggest city in England, with no nearby rivals practically for the county so our catchment area for fans is enormous. We were even 6th in the country for shirt sales in 2021 and none of it matters.

whats leeds or birmingham worth when spurs have all of south korea...

Newcastle's saudi mates have just reset the shirt sleeve market too, man utd et als sponsorship deal wont be £10m from now on

and to put it in to context newcastle's £7.5m deal for their sleeve sponsor is worth more than half the leagues main shirt sponsor, villa and Leeds sleeve sponsorship is worth maybe £1m or £2m a year? so in theory off the bat the top 6 teams would already be able to spend £100k a week more in wages than we can based on sleeve sponsorship alone

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

The owners will be positioning us to hopefully become a part of whatever elite breakaway group happens when it happens (and it will happen).

It’s funny watching that Arsenal documentary, fans constantly complaining saying things like “it’s never fun supporting Arsenal”. Football fan expectations and hope are absolutely ridiculous, including my own.

1 minute ago, a m ole said:

The owners will be positioning us to hopefully become a part of whatever elite breakaway group happens when it happens (and it will happen).

I mean I think there's little chance it will happen and no chance we would be included if it did, but regardless that would be the end of my support. I have no interest in watching that.

3 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

I mean I think there's little chance it will happen and no chance we would be included if it did, but regardless that would be the end of my support. I have no interest in watching that.

I think if there’s a club, they’re gonna want to be a part of it. I think they’re too smart to think keeping Villa 8-10th forever is a worthwhile exercise.

one for the games gone thread anyway sorry mods

Edited by a m ole

1 minute ago, a m ole said:

I think if there’s a club, they’re gonna want to be a part of it. I think they’re too smart to think keeping Villa 8-10th forever is a worthwhile exercise.

The bolded part is very likely true, but I don't see why we would be invited or what we would be bringing to the product. I mean we weren't invited last time and nobody is confused about why not.

• Like 1

Just now, The_Steve said:

£55m for Cucurella with £7m with future add-ons. Madness. 

If he didnt have the hair you wouldnt notice him on the pitch which isnt good for attacking full back

The new Luiz

7 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Makes him the most expensive left back of all time

The 3rd most expensive will be sat on the bench 

Problem is Tuchel is running everything at the moment as not hired people to replace the likes of Marina and Cech. They are also onto probably 3rd choice signings now because Barcelona have **** them this summer

With Tuchel picking the players its good for Chuk actually

Â