Summer 2022 Transfer Thread

sne

Nathan Redmond to Besiktas.

I was in Turkey during the week. Flipping through the TV channels and on one sports channel they were having what seemed to be a pretty thorough discussion over the transfer 😄

9 minutes ago, a-k said:

I was in Turkey during the week. Flipping through the TV channels and on one sports channel they were having what seemed to be a pretty thorough discussion over the transfer 😄

Turkey, where mediocre players go to die. 

17 hours ago, a-k said:

Can remember the time Pep was getting him in friendly embrace after one game and saying he was one of best wide players in league.

Despite being hyped at SHA he never really did much in premier league.

7 minutes ago, Genie said:

What’s the lure of Turkey all of a sudden for the PL’s has beens?

It's always been there. Darius Vassell and Scott Carson have played for Turkish clubs in the past. Didn't we sell Dalian Atkinson and Dean Saunders to Turkish clubs aswell in the 90s?

Wesley Snejider also moved to Turkey a year or two after being one of the best players at 2010 world cup.

Edited by VillaChris
  • Like 1

Their transfer window also closes after most of the big European leagues so with Russia no longer an option Turkey is a likely destination if the preferred move doesn't come off. And the Istanbul clubs are rather massive.

Â