Season tickets 2022/23

OutByEaster?

if it is 30% we will see how big this mythical waiting list really is. I guess we would struggle to sell 30k i

Edited by Follyfoot

on the fence with this one. on one hand with the various cost of living increases 30% is a piss take

on the other hand, even a 30% increase has us in the bottom half of the league in terms of season ticket prices

• Like 1

This is based on a twitter rumour so I am about 90% sure this is bs. The prices will go up a bit, but not that much. If we have another sub par home record with those prices, the mythical waiting list could melt away and the plans for expansion could be put on ice yet again.

13 hours ago, WallisFrizz said:

Maybe they leaked the 30% rumours so that everyone is delighted when they announce 10% increase.

Wouldn't surprise me, and definitely wouldn't be the first time something like this has been done in football or otherwise

14 hours ago, slowandlow said:

I dont think the waiting list is a real barometer for demand tbh, anecdotal obviously but I know a fair few who joined the list 2 years ago and have no real intention of getting a season ticket these days. Promotion hype for a lot of people on the bandwagon.

Exactly where I am. That period was one of real excitement and I joined up and would have bought one that summer without hesitation, and that first win against Everton would have ensured I was happy with the decision.

The reality of 3 seasons in the PL have somewhat dampened my enthusiasm, I'm still on the waiting list but I can't remember the last time I tried to get a match ticket and I certainly have no interest in a ST. 

21 hours ago, meregreen said:

When I first started attending, it was 50p to stand on the Holte End. I couldn’t print my thoughts on what it costs to watch the working man’s game these days.

You must have bought your ticket from a tout my old mate and I think it will have been £SD that we were both paying back then! :D I think that I paid about 2/6 or 2/3d to stand on the old Trinity Enclosure for my second game at Villa Park in the mid 60s. I know that we paid 7/- to stand at the LCSF in 1970 (see below) and that was well worth every old penny. 

ASTON VILLA V Manchester United 3 December 1966 £0.99 - PicClick UK

On the subject of season ticket prices, I guess they will have to increase, as the clubs running cost's will be increasing rapidly like everything else is. I do hope the club can keep the increase down to 10% or less though, because the incomes of Villa fans, isn't going to be increasing as fast as their outgoings are.  

• Like 2

9 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

30% to watch some of the boring fair served up this year repeated would be an outrage.

Honestly I'd rather pay 500 quid for Championship football and see us won then play the way we have under Gerrard.

The 20,000 odd on the waiting list, will be rubbing their hands.

I thought the Southampton game was fabulous fare.....We are not far away, I think SG can see the issues now....stick with it.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

30% to watch some of the boring fair served up this year repeated would be an outrage.

Honestly I'd rather pay 500 quid for Championship football and see us won then play the way we have under Gerrard.

Very much this.

17 hours ago, John said:

You must have bought your ticket from a tout my old mate and I think it will have been £SD that we were both paying back then! :D I think that I paid about 2/6 or 2/3d to stand on the old Trinity Enclosure for my second game at Villa Park in the mid 60s. I know that we paid 7/- to stand at the LCSF in 1970 (see below) and that was well worth every old penny. 

On the subject of season ticket prices, I guess they will have to increase, as the clubs running cost's will be increasing rapidly like everything else is. I do hope the club can keep the increase down to 10% or less though, because the incomes of Villa fans, isn't going to be increasing as fast as their outgoings are.  

John, A really good article by Tom Ross, in the Birmingham Mail last Night ( Wed 6 April) regarding the "The game has changed or has it?"....well worth a read.

• Thanks 1

On 06/04/2022 at 17:19, John said:

Blimey, your right John. Think the entrance was 5 bob for Adults and 2 /6 for kids. Knew there was a five in there somewhere. I’m getting old 😞

• Like 1

Not sure if I want to renew this year if I'm honest. Travelling to and from the ground is **** effort. 30 min walk from the car in the blistering cold.

Edited by AV82

I think If this 30% increase is correct can see a lot not renewing, it ain’t like we are playing decent football, I’d have to think twice if to renew if they do put it up that much

• Like 1