Season tickets 2022/23

OutByEaster?

Thanks for the update OBE. Expected an increase but it’s gonna be a pinch, looks like mine (L8) could well go up £100 plus my railcard is ending soon (when I turn 32) so trains are gonna be 33% up too. That or use a load of expensive petrol.

1 hour ago, av1 said:

Probably a silly question, but my son turns 18 in August. Season tickets obviously go on sale before that, so when I renew with I be charged a U18 fee given he will be 17 at the time of purchase, or adult prices as he will be 18 by the time the season starts? 

believe at was the age at start of season when i done mine

5 minutes ago, mattyvilla said:

believe at was the age at start of season when i done mine

Thanks. 

He’s 18 on the 5th, the season starts on the 6th, so one day out and I might have saved myself a couple of hundred pound 😂

8 minutes ago, Kingman said:

I would happily welcome so called plastics after a season surrounded by toxic, prolific, negative and moaning blokes in the Lower Holte, Useless word removed this, shit word removed that, clueless word removed this, lazy word removed that, I relocated from the Trinity because of being surrounded by a constant negative atmosphere. Only thing different in the Lower Holte is the standing,

Seriously WTF would you want to pay a monkey+ a season to embarrassingly mug yourself off in that way. Can only presume its for attention because you can't Seriously enjoy it with such a mindset. 

For me stick the prices up 50% and get rid of the Toxic deadwood!

I agree with everything apart the last line. I know it was probably said in jest, but the why do you assume that only the negative sods will be put off by a price hike? 

Just now, av1 said:

I agree with everything apart the last line. I know it was probably said in jest, but the why do you assume that only the negative sods will be put off by a price hike? 

Yeah part jest, But on the other hand you Seriously can't enjoy it with that out look on the villa so a price rise might just tip the Toxics over the edge to **** right off 

Just now, Kingman said:

Yeah part jest, But on the other hand you Seriously can't enjoy it with that out look on the villa so a price rise might just tip the Toxics over the edge to **** right off 

Maybe. There are times over the years I’ve considered moving seats because there are some right plums around me. 

Before every game my and my son have a bet at how many times during the game that the plonker behind me will shout “rubbish villa” 

So far his record is about 30, like you said, it can’t be enjoyable. 

1 minute ago, av1 said:

Maybe. There are times over the years I’ve considered moving seats because there are some right plums around me. 

Before every game my and my son have a bet at how many times during the game that the plonker behind me will shout “rubbish villa” 

So far his record is about 30, like you said, it can’t be enjoyable. 

Maybe on the re-org zoning they could create a toxic knob head section where we could create a Leper Colony where they can all fuel each other. win, lose or draw! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Kingman said:

I would happily welcome so called plastics after a season surrounded by toxic, prolific, negative and moaning blokes in the Lower Holte, Useless word removed this, shit word removed that, clueless word removed this, lazy word removed that, and thats when we are winning, I relocated from the Trinity because of being surrounded by a constant negative atmosphere. Only thing different in the Lower Holte is the standing,

Seriously WTF would you want to pay a monkey+ a season to embarrassingly mug yourself off in that way. Can only presume its for attention or learning difficulties because you can't Seriously enjoy it with such a mindset. 

For me stick the prices up 50% and get rid of the Toxic deadwood whose constant negativity will only hamper the youth players confidence and progression that we are trying to integrate into the first team. 

Brain dead! 

I think the problem you have is the plastics will expect more and probably be worse.  Plastics at grounds come in two forms either never say a word and the atmosphere in the ground is dead or their expectations are far greater than what we currently have.  You can see that when we play away at the teams ground that have grown quality and cost wise above the average Joe and being replaced by plastics.  The grass isn’t always greener.

• Like 1

The stadium rebuild is not gonna pay for itself (initially at least) so the money is gonna have to come from somewhere. Same with the signing fees and salaries for players if we aim to improve the squad.

Our match day income is pathetic compared to most clubs in the league so it was inevitable.

The feeling is that the money will remain in the club and will be spent on improving things unlike some other clubs where the money goes to lining the pockets of the owners. Hopefully.

22 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

Its a bold move hiking up the prices on the back of 5 home wins so far this season and in  the middle of the biggest squeeze in living standards for decades.

I think it's a disgrace when the ground facilities are still abhorrent and the guy hiking them as oversaw about 100m+ in transfers we won't get back the past 2 years

1 minute ago, sne said:

The stadium rebuild is not gonna pay for itself (initially at least) so the money is gonna have to come from somewhere. Same with the signing fees and salaries for players if we aim to improve the squad.

Our match day income is pathetic compared to most clubs in the league so it was inevitable.

The feeling is that the money will remain in the club and will be spent on improving things unlike some other clubs where the money goes to lining the pockets of the owners. Hopefully.

Agree, they should be fair across the board though and instead of hitting concessions (based on the info to date) why not just say 11 or 12% across the board (aside from the rezoning which is a separate matter).  I think hitting much harder the older generation/pensioners (Over 65's) and next generation of supporters who either are paid for by their parents, at college or just starting on the job ladder seems a bit silly.  The two age categories that are least able to absorb the price increase seems not right.

I think while its the wrong time for the price increase with the cost of living going up so much recently, we all understand it was coming and somewhat fair from the club, I think how it is being done based on info supplied so far seems misguided to me.

16 minutes ago, sne said:

Assuming every single seat was an adult ST holder in the most expensive zone,. hikes across the board of 10% would pay for about about 5% of the rumoured fee for Phillips. In reality it'll be rather less than that, even with the rezoning. We're not really making a dent in the budget of a PL football club.

They'll put them up, because they can, supply and demand, market rates, yada yada yada, bend over and pretend you're getting a good deal. As with every time we have a discussion about ticket prices, it's hard not to gaze enviously over at the Germans.

There's so much obscene wealth in this league that nickle and diming the every day fans with ticket rises, ridiculous "memberships" and crap value for money food and drinks is somewhat hard to stomach, in my view. Everyone else does it, but it makes it no less shit. 

Edited by Davkaus
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, MrBlack said:

Chelsea is a London based club where salaries are massively higher and a team that consistently qualifies for the champions league and gets pretty far through most domestic competitions. You can't compare their season ticket price with ours. Even if we were as successful as them, I'd expect our tickets to cost less given the region our fans and club are based in.

That said, our prices are way below our relative peers too, and have been for some years. I would like to see the data they've used, but 10% sounds not far off. Tough pill to swallow in this age of everything skyrocketing in price though. 

Yes but the cost of living is higher too if you look how expensive properties are in london. Not specifcally chelsea but london. But thats another debate.

Chelseas ST fees i think is double ours so we cant complain of a slight increase. Im ok with it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, nick76 said:

Agree, they should be fair across the board though and instead of hitting concessions (based on the info to date) why not just say 11 or 12% across the board (aside from the rezoning which is a separate matter).  I think hitting much harder the older generation/pensioners (Over 65's) and next generation of supporters who either are paid for by their parents, at college or just starting on the job ladder seems a bit silly.  The two age categories that are least able to absorb the price increase seems not right.

It's difficult I think. I agree with you in all of the principles you're using there - but the difference in price between our adult and U14 season tickets in places is almost ridiculous.

There are a number of clubs who simply apply a 50% discount to concessions. At Villa Park, an U14 in Zone 4 is paying around 14.5% of the amount that the adult next to him is paying - that's an 85% discount - it's a peculiarity of our pricing that isn't replicated elsewhere - and it's brilliant for fans - it encourages people to bring kids and it helps to get the next generation of supporters into Villa Park - but it's still an 85% discount on a product that you have 25,000 people potentially waiting to buy - from a business perspective it's hard to imagine many business's leaving that be.

That price is out of step even with other concessions; if that U14 goes with his 70 year old grandad, then he's only paying a quarter of what grandad pays to sit next to him.

The 10% is a pain, but it's the way the world is - it take us from really cheap to decent value - where the pain will really be felt is for kids where they are in rezoned seats - in my opinion our U14's season tickets next season are likely to be mostly about £130 next season, maybe a little more - that's a big increase on the £70 - and that's the club's fault - there's no way the club should have been selling those tickets at £70, it makes no sense - the club have somehow allowed a situation to develop where they've been almost giving those seats away and now they're making a whopping single hit change for those people that's going to hurt - but that's down to poor management of pricing over the last few years, not on poor value for money - the same ticket at Wolves would cost you £180.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

What I'd like to see added is some bundling and some encouragement of family areas, so that the big hit for the affected young fans can be mitigated and their experience improved by moving them to parts of the ground where they can retain some part of that additional discount and be together in areas with kid-focused catering offers and erm stuff.

If you were to offer every season ticket holder that's U21 and whoever they go with the opportunity to move to the Upper Trinity and add some sort of discount for them to do so and then tailor the big concourse up there to suit them (take out a bar and put in something that kids enjoy, stick a big furry lion up there, stick a dozen consoles in it, and make use of the view for the 'gram or whatever*) we could hold on to a lot of the good parts of what we offer the next generation and keep some of the value for mom or dad who goes with them.

*I think it's clear I have no idea what kids like.

19 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

I don't mind paying extra its only fair consieering the miney wes and nas have put inro the club. as long as its reasonable which it seems to be according to OBE 

spacer.png

• Haha 2