Match Thread: Wolves v Villa

limpid

2 minutes ago, Nigel said:

This game is nothing to do with the manager, ridiculous to say anything but.

We could be 2 goals up now if the wolves players kept slipping over and scored an own goal and everyone would be praising him.

Its a close game if you ignore the 2 bits of luck. 

Don't get me wrong I'm not happy but at least don't put the blame on the wrong person

Not just today though. Too many passive performances with tactical mistakes thrown in the mix as well. 

2 minutes ago, mykeyb said:

If he takes Samson off but leaves McGinn on I think I will done for today

I 100% agree he's shown some really decent touches and passes, this for a guy that has hardly been picked.

Imo he's the easy target to bring off and he has been better than both mcginn and jj.

Wolves haven't set the highest standard of football we have self destructed at the back soft soft goals

• Like 1

Just now, Zhan_Zhuang said:

He was talking about the midfield and playing through the middle, keep up!

Hahaha I didn’t see the post you replied to. Funny enough my initial response was McGinn but then I thought “maybe he’s referring to our consistent lack of an attacking threat and Watkins being non-existent too often.”

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Nigel said:

We could be 2 goals up now if the wolves players kept slipping over and scored an own goal and everyone would be praising him.

Don't get me wrong I'm not happy but at least don't put the blame on the wrong person

It’s all because we are wearing the wrong friggin studs throughout the team, can’t count how many players were slipping.  Whoever made that decision needs shooting!  Two nil down because of a basic mistake that should’ve been noticed in the warm up.

2 minutes ago, Nigel said:

Agree with the assessment of the game until probably 40 minutes. They could well have had another couple in added time while we have not threatened bar Bailey’s long effort. 

1 minute ago, WooJung said:

He was a fool to get himself in that position in the first place. You don't try to dribble past players if you've got acres of the pitch behind you. There was nothing to be gained and everything to be lost from that attempt at dribbling past them.

Awful when our midfield try to be progressive. Plus, no one else apart from McGinns slip contributed to that first goal.

He hasn't tracked back and blocked 3 opportunities for them to score either.

Just now, R.Bear said:

What annoys me about games like this is we're making Wolves, **** Wolves, look like Brazil 1970. You'll watch them in the next game and they'll be terrible.

We've been shite, but let's not pretend like Wolves aren't a good side here.

They've been playing very well, and they are where they are in the table for a reason.

We are in transition.

Don't be surprised to see some uprooting in the summer.

We simply won't be going anywhere higher with this defence.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, GingerCollins29 said:

One slip from him and you want to drag him off?

Whole team has been woeful and SG hasn't a clue

Only part of this I agree with. Digne injured early so we’re forced into a sub. First goal was a complete joke but completely on the players. Second was an own goal again player to blame. The only fault I have here is dropping Douglas and leaving Mcginn in that midfield. 

2 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

I think Ramsey has been the best of our three midfielders by a distance in that half.

Nah, Sanson has.

Ramsey has been alright though.  Few too many cheap fouls, will be booked on the next one.

• Like 1

Just now, Nigel said:

It’s not a close game. We have had one decent chance, a shot from distance by Bailey. Wolves have opened us up time and time again. 

It’s the same old story. We are too open on a counter attack and are getting killed. Even Watford took advantage a few weeks back. 

Just now, CVByrne said:

Three different formations in the last three games and lost all three. 

the Tinkerman, he doesnt seem to have a clue since we won the 3 games before that using the same formation

2 minutes ago, R.Bear said:

What annoys me about games like this is we're making Wolves, **** Wolves, look like Portugal 1970. You'll watch them in the next game and they'll be terrible.

Oh yus

Just now, osmark86 said:

I know you hate him, but no it could just as well been a great fit and still could be. it's only been a few months.

I don't see how you can have your mind made up as firmly as you do with the sample size we have. I can only assume you're psychic or composed entirely of anti-humbleolium particles.

Well true it could have been. But it isn't so far.

He has more or less hinted that some of the players aren't on board with what his preferred formation.

The recruitment policy seems very short term - and even then without results.

Many fans didn't want him in the first place.

He was a moderate success in a very poor league.

So yeah he could turn it around. But looks very unlikely.