Match Thread: Wolves v Villa

limpid

3 minutes ago, osmark86 said:

they keep falling over. they can't even stay on their feet.

but surely the kit man must have boots with suitable studs. They cant be that unprepared

1 minute ago, PieFacE said:

We're so bad in transition. We setup like a team that should hold possession in the oppositions half but have no idea how to do it, lose the ball and get countered.

Yep. Watkins completely incapable of holding up and laying off. 

Midfielders receive the ball immediately turn and pass back. 

Just can't get it moving forwards with any kind of intent. 

Just now, sidcow said:

People moaning about McGinn but JJ isn't an complete waste of a shirt lately. 

Yeah Ramsey's been way off it lately but feels like his form from Dec-mid Feb has made him undroppable in the managers eyes now.

Not sure where to start with that!

Digne breezes through 90 minutes for France but again can't last 10 minutes of a prem game.

Less said about Young the better, why on earth are we sending him up for corners?! 

Mings and McGinn having their usual post international hangover games, that needs to be noted for next season.

Bailey been o.k and had a good shot that was well saved. Think Sanson has actually been one of our best players, tidy in possesion at least. So that means both will probably be dropped for Spurs.

Very worrying we already seem to have hit a plateau under this manager whenever we face a top 8 team.

I could kind of understand it if we looked shaky at the back but were creating loads (or vice versa) but we could’ve easily conceded 5 and don’t even remotely look like scoring. 

• Like 1

Just now, PaulC said:

Too late probably but he needs to make changes at ht. Buendia for either Coutinho or Bailey and Luiz for Ramsey. 

MCGINN he has to show balls and take McGinn off. Ramsey at least comes good later in games

• Like 1

Just now, GingerCollins29 said:

One slip from him and you want to drag him off?

Whole team has been woeful and SG hasn't a clue

Just now, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Actually i should edit my above post.

Should we bring Luiz on for JJ ?

Sanson | Luiz | McGinn?

We really could have done with an in form Nakamba today.

I was actually just trying to find a way to get Luiz on.

Chill

9 minutes ago, Zero7 said:

He had one good season, the rest of the time he was ripped apart, that Watford game was shocking. 

This just isn't true. The Watford game was shocking, yeah, he's not been as good this season sure. But I'm not suggesting he should've started over Digne. I'm suggesting a proper left back in their prime years on the bench is better than having to trot Young out all.the time.

We needed competition and ideally an upgrade. We signed an upgrade and **** off the competition immediately.

1 minute ago, HalfTimePost said:

Yes. Undoubtedly. We were desperate for competition at Left back. He was our player of the year last season. I absolutely would've preferred we kept him even though he wanted out for 6 months than constantly need to be putting 35 year old winger Ashley Young it at Left Back instead.

Also, parts of the fan base have slated Targett for being a bottle job for 2 years and suddenly he was going to go toe-to-toe with Gerrard and Purslow and kick off so much he would ruin the team morale and refuse to train and play?

Nah. Not having it. Should've been kept.

I would have preferred to keep him as well personally, but if he didn't want to then I'm not so sure that's a good idea either.

Firstly people saying targett was rubbish surely would rather him at left back than a 36 year old none left back especially when we sign a player that can’t get past 10 minutes as our main left back. 

mcginn as the more defensive midfielder is a really poor managerial selection. Why are all our managers scared to drop mcginn he isn’t that good and today has been one of the worse performances I’ve seen from a premier league player ever   

• Like 1