Ratings & Reactions: Villa v Arsenal

limpid

Match Polls  

150 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 23/03/22 at 00:00

1 minute ago, nick76 said:

What is wrong with him? I get the not creating enough for him but there is so much more wrong with his game that can’t be explained.  We know he can do so much more but 90% of this season he’s looked poor.  Somebody said to me today at the ground that it’s strange he played so well without crowds at the top level but so poor with crowds, I’d never thought of that. It can’t be the reason surely.

I don't know Nick.....I but I have always been a fan of  Ollie, but this is a pale imitation of him.

He seems to rush up to a defender, stop a yard short and blow him a kiss......Where the bloody hell, is the aggression......I could play against him right now.

I am actually flabbergasted, he is putting in performances like this.....I am seeing worst teams than us, and their strikers, making their presence felt.

We cannot carry on with these displays from him....he needs to be left out.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, The Fun Factory said:

I knew at the time it was utter horseshit.

That is definitely  in the top 10 of the most stupid bookings I have ever seen at Villa Park.

Yet we barely challenged the ref on it, we just accepted it. Pissed me off royally!  If it had been the other way around you would’ve 3 or 4 Arsenal players around the ref arguing.  We bend over and accept it.

3 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Yet we barely challenged the ref on it, we just accepted it. Pissed me off royally!  If it had been the other way around you would’ve 3 or 4 Arsenal players around the ref arguing.  We bend over and accept it.

Tbf you just know we'd have someone sent off for dissent if we tried.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, nick76 said:

I think its a trait of this team.....I actually thought, with SG arriving this trait would disappear, but it hasn't......We have a soft underbelly and that extends to many things about this team, the point you make being one of them.

To compound the issue, we sign Coutinho and Digne, who are fine footballers.....but it doesn't address the above issue.

There is no William Wallace in this team to drive us on....We need a standout leader.......Ayling was a good example the other night against Wolves, a player to stir the lions......We have too many passive souls.

Bailey and Traore came on today, but who did they disrupt or challenge?......just another wet fish approach of something different.

• Like 2

Sitting in the holte end and having a good view of the set up I had to give gerrard a very poor today. Emi and Phil were so narrow that when we played it around at the back by the time we worked it out to cash or young the percentage ball down the line either short to feet or a spin into the space as not on. That meant the full backs only options were go back to the centre half go square inside or try an eye of the needle pass to a congested midfield area. No team plays like that it just doesn’t work. 
in terms of performances I thought Ollie was very very poor although isolated but you can at least put yourself about about. Luis to slow and casual on the ball and no protection to the centre half’s. JJ poorest game I have seen from him, subs were poor too, not sure what bailly offers and Bert has had his time I think. Can’t help wondering who’s wife Samson must be shagging to still not get any minutes 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

I'd also argue that lampard couldn't use havertz, tuchel is struggling to use Lukaku, neither of them can use werner 

No manager has been able to use those three in England so it looks like questionable signings?

If Lampard had been given endless backing like Pep or Arteta, he could have made dozens of shit signings like that.

I’m saying it’s risky and potentially very expensive to let every manager buy a new squad.

3 minutes ago, punkiller1981 said:

Sitting in the holte end and having a good view of the set up I had to give gerrard a very poor today. Emi and Phil were so narrow that when we played it around at the back by the time we worked it out to cash or young the percentage ball down the line either short to feet or a spin into the space as not on. That meant the full backs only options were go back to the centre half go square inside or try an eye of the needle pass to a congested midfield area. No team plays like that it just doesn’t work. 
in terms of performances I thought Ollie was very very poor although isolated but you can at least put yourself about about. Luis to slow and casual on the ball and no protection to the centre half’s. JJ poorest game I have seen from him, subs were poor too, not sure what bailly offers and Bert has had his time I think. Can’t help wondering who’s wife Samson must be shagging to still not get any minutes 

precisely my point.....no excuse for not making a nuissance of yourself and creating disruption.

We have just lost a Stalwart sadly, who would know only too well how to do just that.

Ollie has to do much better than that.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, the_eristic said:

Tbf you just know we'd have someone sent off for dissent if we tried.

Very true.  I’d almost accept that because I saw no fight today so a bit of fight would’ve been nice.  Obviously I don’t want one of our players sent off for dissent but something better than defeated acceptance every time would’ve been nice.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Very true.  I’d almost accept that because I saw no fight today so a bit of fight would’ve been nice.  Obviously I don’t want one of our players sent off for dissent but something better than defeated acceptance every time would’ve been nice.

I'll be honest Nick.....its that part the worries me.

I see so many teams in this league, who have it.

I saw Leeds come back the other night against Wolves, to secure their win after a woeful first half......I asked myself, would we do that and I couldn't see it.

I'm not saying we are a bad side, but I do think we are too easy to play against.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 2

30 minutes ago, TRO said:

I just want us to play with some ****ing aggression.....and challenge for balls like we mean to win them.

not half hearted attempts, with semi pressing and passive headed duels.

I want us to become better passers, then we’d have to chase a little less often.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

I want us to become better passers, then we’d have to chase a little less often.

but we wouldn't because we can't stay on the ball either...we lose it in some inoccuous situations.

2 hours ago, Lochheads twin said:

Well that was disappointing!

• Disappointing I could not get to the match today (Quarantine 🙁)
  • Disappointing performance
  • Disappointing result
  • Disappointing that Buendia & Coutinho can't seem to play in the same side
  • Disappointing that changes were not more timely!
  • Disappointing Ramsey was not rested earlier.
  • Disappointing Sanson can't get a place in the the team 
  • Disappointing that referees seem to hold Villa players to different standards for awarding yellow cards.
  • BT Sport Arsenal love-in was also very disappointing.

So there it is, very disappointed. One of the many feelings on the Villa roller coaster.

Onwards!

Do you think we could play 4 3 3 with buendia in middle 3 and couthino in forward 3 or the other way round 

We don't play with any width under Gerrard, Luiz and McGinn has, won't, and will never work, and we should have bought a defensive midfielder in January.

Until those fundamentals are solved I am afraid I can't really 'trust the process'.

Edited by The Fun Factory

1 hour ago, Paul33 said:

..... so you really did expect Gerrard to come in mid-season and radically turn this team into a top four side ? Really ?

Last I looked, we were top ten and I'm not sure Deano would have got close to top ten. Villa is a long term project and the true Gerrard era starts next season and then you can judge if you wish.

I’m not talking about a top 4 side. But 8 losses in 18 games under Gerrard is really poor, come on man.

Midtable team or not, it’s pathetic how easy we are to beat. Arse played less than 3 days ago yet still won comfortably and there have been many such games over last 12-18 months where that’s happened.

We've now got a squad of players where it’s unacceptable to lose 6 at home at this stage, and with Tottenham and plop still to come that stat could get worse. We are simply embarrassingly easy to beat and I won’t sit back and just acfrp it. They need to get their effing act together the bunch of pussies.

• Haha 3

I've always said we lose when we play shite, we rarely get outplayed when everyone is at 100%  apart from the elite. 

We are not going to win against the big boys with a weak Watkins and inconsistent JJ  or McGinn to be honest. If we want to improve next season we need to seriously consider what to do with these players.

We won't finish top 10!

• Like 1

Â