Kalvin Phillips

Delphinho123

2 hours ago, Nigel said:

Course you could but would they choose us?

At our level you have to pay over the odds for good players to deter stronger options.

Depends who’s in for them as always. Gravenberch is the most unlikely with Bayern apparently in for him.

You could always swap him out for my old favourite Koopmeiners who has beasted Serie A since moving last summer.

1 hour ago, paul514 said:

Depends who’s in for them as always. Gravenberch is the most unlikely with Bayern apparently in for him.

You could always swap him out for my old favourite Koopmeiners who has beasted Serie A since moving last summer.

If it were only Bayern rivaling us we would be fine.

Unfortunately we cant even offer low level European games currently. 

If we want quality we have to pay for it!

3 hours ago, Nigel said:

Course you could but would they choose us?

At our level you have to pay over the odds for good players to deter stronger options.

No one else is stupid enough to pay £60m.

I suppose Utd might be actually.

We're not going to spend 60m on Phillips, mainly cos he wouldn't join us imo. I really don't think we have to worry about this one happening. Even though I think he'd be a fantastic signing. 

• Like 1

Second most overrated player in the Premier League behind Declan Rice.  Signing him for 60 million pounds would be a bigger disaster than appointing Gerrard, which is why I can unfortunately see Purslow & co going through with it.  

• Like 3

1 hour ago, KMitch said:

Second most overrated player in the Premier League behind Declan Rice.  Signing him for 60 million pounds would be a bigger disaster than appointing Gerrard, which is why I can unfortunately see Purslow & co going through with it.  

I used to think similar, but having watched a few West Ham games this season I changed my mind. He is a top midfielder. 

A player like him (and I i think Phillips is similar) is essential to a solid midfield. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

No one else is stupid enough to pay £60m.

I suppose Utd might be actually.

Exactly..

Unfortunately we would have to be prepared to pay a fiver more than man u would pay....which could get very expensive!

2 hours ago, KMitch said:

Rice is every bit as important to West Ham as Grealish was to us. It's no coincidence that West Ham became very average whilst he was injured and are back on it now Rice has returned. I would love a player of his ability as our number 6, not sure if Phillips is that man though.

5 hours ago, Nigel said:

If it were only Bayern rivaling us we would be fine.

Unfortunately we cant even offer low level European games currently. 

If we want quality we have to pay for it!

If we want quality we have to pay for it......

Ok, you will need to explain this to me as I have listed quality players of lower values. 

1 hour ago, picicata said:

Rice is every bit as important to West Ham as Grealish was to us. It's no coincidence that West Ham became very average whilst he was injured and are back on it now Rice has returned. I would love a player of his ability as our number 6, not sure if Phillips is that man though.

Rice is off the top branch for a number 6, Phillips doesn't belong on that part of the tree.

2 hours ago, picicata said:

He has missed 2 games this season for West Ham, one was away to Liverpool and the other they smashed Watford

2 hours ago, paul514 said:

If we want quality we have to pay for it......

Ok, you will need to explain this to me as I have listed quality players of lower values. 

Yes, that its unlikely we can attract. 

1 hour ago, Nigel said:

Yes, that its unlikely we can attract. 

So we can't attract cheaper players but we can attract more expensive players?........ That needs explaining.

Â