Kalvin Phillips

Delphinho123

12 hours ago, WHY said:

He will be this summers Smtih Rowe, agent pushing a move to get the best contract he can out of Leeds. Let’s not do this dance again!

Not saying he should be going on strike to join us or Utd but if he signs a new contract with Leeds then I think that says a lot about his ambition. We have seen it with grealish that top players are top players because they want to push and push to be the very best they can be and that often means leaving there home town club. I would question his desire for anything other than an easy life and perennial relegation scrap by staying with Leeds. However like others have said with his injury record and his ability I think he is a good player but not worth us spending £60 million plus huge wages on. 

1 hour ago, punkiller1981 said:

Not saying he should be going on strike to join us or Utd but if he signs a new contract with Leeds then I think that says a lot about his ambition. We have seen it with grealish that top players are top players because they want to push and push to be the very best they can be and that often means leaving there home town club. I would question his desire for anything other than an easy life and perennial relegation scrap by staying with Leeds. However like others have said with his injury record and his ability I think he is a good player but not worth us spending £60 million plus huge wages on. 

In fairness Grealish signed a contract start of last season so doesn't mesn anything. Just throw in a release clause and will be fine

• Like 3

14 hours ago, WHY said:

He will be this summers Smtih Rowe, agent pushing a move to get the best contract he can out of Leeds. Let’s not do this dance again!

Has the same vibe doesn't it?  Smith-Rowe, Ward-Prose, waste the whole window trying to get them, then end up with nobody.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, slowandlow said:

I dont see why he would come here. Sideways step

Imagine the hilarity this time last year if grealish was linked with leeds 

I think the only way it would happen is if Leeds got relegated, but that's looking unlikely now.

15 hours ago, paul514 said:

So we can't attract cheaper players but we can attract more expensive players?........ That needs explaining.

Put simply the cheaper these quality players are the more (Better placed) competition there will be.

We cant compete. A good example was Bentancur, as soon as a better placed rival comes in his head is turned.

Thus the best way to get quality is to out bid clubs

If we got a low bid accepted on any of your suggestions we would have that bid matched as its good business.

Does that make sense?

2 hours ago, Nigel said:

Put simply the cheaper these quality players are the more (Better placed) competition there will be.

We cant compete. A good example was Bentancur, as soon as a better placed rival comes in his head is turned.

Thus the best way to get quality is to out bid clubs

If we got a low bid accepted on any of your suggestions we would have that bid matched as its good business.

Does that make sense?

That makes sense in a way, however you actually have to have these bids rejected by the player. All the players I suggested are easy to get but also easy to be out done by on by a better club.

the same goes for any player, it doesn’t mean you pay well over the odds for a player that no one else will it just means you keep trying.

there isn’t just three I could reel off about 10

On 03/04/2022 at 10:15, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

If I'm honest, there is no way I'd be pushing 60 mill for Phillips, as much as I want a DM.

There must be DMs we can get in world football for less than that, with higher ceilings?

I haven't seen him play that much either ( partially because he seems to be I hired alot ).

This is one I would consider veto ING if I was the board. Lol

I agree.

but I don't think he will leave anyway.

I fear us, attempting to pay too much, fearing we don't have enough Savvy to search the market.

Is Aurelien Tchouameni the right sort for us?

seems like Chelsea are interested and they have Kante and Jorginho already on the books.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, sne said:

Aurelien Tchouameni is a fantastic prospect and already a very good player. Highly doubt we have any chance to get him thou.

My FIFA Career mode thinks you're talking Bollox.

We can get him, only issue is he keeps moaning about playing time. He's behind Tonali in my Champion League winning Villa side.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, TRO said:

I agree.

but I don't think he will leave anyway.

I fear us, attempting to pay too much, fearing we don't have enough Savvy to search the market.

Is Aurelien Tchouameni the right sort for us?

seems like Chelsea are interested and they have Kante and Jorginho already on the books.

As poster above, I reckon Tchouameni will be out of reach, but stranger things have happened.

I'd try to push the boat out for Kamara but might he similar situation.

Was listening to the Villa View podcast tonight, they briefly discussed Phillips. I actually never realised his stats were as good as they are in the position.

Seems he is in say, top 5 - 10 percentile of all the relevant stats.

Still think 60 mill is exorbitant though.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, sne said:

Aurelien Tchouameni is a fantastic prospect and already a very good player. Highly doubt we have any chance to get him thou.

Think Real Madrid are close to signing him. We might be a reluctant second

3 minutes ago, duke313 said:

He's linked to United now.  Was always unlikely he'd leave Leeds for us.

Hes as close to joining us than he was before this link tbf!

• Like 2

the express saying that utd are trying to sign him as a welcome present for ten haag

they also then go on to say that leeds have opened new contract talks with him but they're yet to reach a positive conclusion

the article openly tells you exactly what this is, file it away in the bin

7 minutes ago, NoelVilla said:

I would say as far away as before. Was always unlikely. Some CL club going to buy him.

It was always going to be unlikely he came here as we are not currently much of an upgrade at the minute to Leeds, money would have been the only reason he moved here.  But it's zero chance now.

Â