Match Thread: Leeds v Villa

limpid

1 minute ago, richp999 said:

Nice.. Leeds booing at half time just 1-0 down

Assume it’s aimed at the ref ain’t it.

Ramsey is abit sloppy. But no need to change anyone yet. 

Edited by spiezels

Just now, OutByEaster? said:

Sounds like we're doing okay without having complete control of things and that the referee is having a good game despite a lot of pressure.

That's what I can gather anyway - we've spent a lot of time at the Molineux hearing about f*** all.

From commentary it sounds like Ramsey has struggled - the midfield three are playing quite deep and he's not held onto the ball well - might it be worth getting Sanson on for him early?

i think he's done alright personally

1 minute ago, rjw63 said:

Didn't get in til after we took the lead but we've looked decent, should be more than one up.

Referee seems the usual premier standard - shit.

The ref isn't doing too bad, he's fairly new but he's not losing control and he's telling Leeds moaners to shut up. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, JPJCB said:

Bit extreme - we're leading and comfortably in control?

No time for carrying players and I said we should consider it - didn’t say he should definitely be subbed. Games set up for Sanson or Chuck 

1 minute ago, Sulberto21 said:

JJ needs a rest. We’re allowing them back into the game. What a save by Meslier from McGinn it looked in.

Coutinho is on another level. We need 2/3 more on his level. 

To be fair, I think there are only 5-6 others on his level in the world.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, sidcow said:

I'll whisper it quietly but JJ is poor and has been for a few games now.  Looking the weakest link out there. 

Never really see the need for this sort of negativity. Part of a team who haven't conceded in 2 and a half games. In that time only had 2 shots on target against us and scored 7 goals

Just now, JPJCB said:

Bit extreme - we're leading and comfortably in control?

Yeah we won't make a half time sub but asking for them has been happening for ages! 

He's been sloppy and I think he will be subbed at some point

Ref has been poor but Leeds fans want everything, hope he continues to give them nothing 

Could be out of sight, think we do just have a degree of sloppiness in us, look at the 2 scuffs from cut backs as an example, some of the passing is finding our man but it's not crisp and in to his run or it's a bit bobbly, it's not all smooth, some of it is though, we've played some good stuff too, the mcginn chance was great football

2 minutes ago, osmark86 said:

compared with the usual standards of refereeing this guy is such a breath of fresh air.

i agree. best refereeing performance of the season. not put a foot wrong for me