Weekends Football 25/26 February

andykeenan

It’s not even the best, by a distance, non-penalty against City this season:

The standard of officiating is completely unacceptable. VAR doesn’t seem to have helped at all, it’s baffling.

Officials need to be held to account. Rather than this “you can’t ever question them” culture we have currently.

8 minutes ago, HKP90 said:

Thing is, though, it is massively damaging the reputation and therefore the future of the Premier league. Someone somewhere is getting a massive brown envelope by wealthy individuals. It’s the only explanation that makes any sense. If it was just against Villa I would assume it is my own bias, but watching the other games on MOTD as a neutral it’s so flipping obvious that it’s shady as f**k.

It isn't at all.

People moan about it, then they continue to watch.  Week in, week out.  No-one really gives a shit.

7 minutes ago, HongKongVillan said:

Another week for us just normal football fans baffled by biased decision coming from the pgmol, we can moan about it all we like on forum and social media, but same shit will just happen again next week, and the next. This blatant corruption has been going on for so long and there is sweet FA we can do about it but accept, this will happen each week if the more likeable teams in the eye of the wider audience needed that extra bit of help.

I posted earlier today something along the lines of the scum6 will finish in the top6 from now until the super league is formed. Results are being manipulated.

• Like 2

wow, i just saw the Rodri "non hand ball".

I cant believe that wasnt a penalty......"not deliberate?".......LOL wtf.

That was a shocking decision, seriously, those are the type of decisions that call VAR impartiality in to question.

38 minutes ago, bobzy said:

It isn't at all.

People moan about it, then they continue to watch.  Week in, week out.  No-one really gives a shit.

Plastic fans and kids are perfectly happy cos they will support whatever team is winning, but their interest in football will be dropped when they get bored. Proper fans that are invested in the future of teams that aren’t pay to win can and will only take so much of this. I’ve been supporting Villa for 28 years, and I’ve had almost as many ‘I’m done with football now’ moments as I can take without walking away for good.

The League can’t exist without teams of all sizes and statuses throughout the pyramid, and fans of those clubs just won’t stick around if the whole thing is obviously rigged. F**k this shit.

37 minutes ago, HongKongVillan said:

Another week for us just normal football fans baffled by biased decision coming from the pgmol, we can moan about it all we like on forum and social media, but same shit will just happen again next week, and the next. This blatant corruption has been going on for so long and there is sweet FA we can do about it but accept, this will happen each week if the more likeable teams in the eye of the wider audience needed that extra bit of help.

Exactly right. No-one at Premier League PLC has taken some vow of integrity, there’s no swearing on a holy book, no sporting version of the Hippocratic Oath. There is, in fact, absolutely zero obligation to even pretend to be fair. The whole thing is a multi-billion dollar business that can do exactly as it pleases, and every club inherently accepts its absolute authority when it becomes a part of it.

Obviously, it’s good PR to pretend there is some old-fashioned Corinthian “fairness” in there but, when push comes to shove (such as this evening), this can be dropped in an instant for more pressing considerations. And what can anyone do? Complain to the Premier League about the Premier League? Howl at the moon? Tilt at windmills? In short, nothing at all.

We, as functioning, sentient, adult humans are being asked to accept that a trained referee saw no evidence of that ball making contact with any part of Rodrigo’s arm beneath the t-shirt line. It’s demeaning. But, somewhere, Paul Tierney and Chris Kavanagh are getting a pat on the back in a smoke-filled room (real or figurative). And, next week, they will be out there ready to do it all again. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Tommo_b said:

Someone on here the other week was adamant there’s no way there could possibly be any corruption….

Imo, there’s absolute corruption involved in professional football.

How Var doesn’t give a hand ball there… 

It was me.

And i didn't say there was no corruption in football. I said I didn't think corruption wasn't as blatant as refs being paid off to deliberately manipulate results through VAR.

And I still don't. 

23 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

Fair play to Lampard.

He said "my 3 year old daughter could tell you that was a penalty".

and....

"that decision was either incompetence...or.....something else....."

too right...

Probably cost him 10k but hope others follow suit and start calling this crap out for what it is.

2 hours ago, HKP90 said:

Plastic fans and kids are perfectly happy cos they will support whatever team is winning, but their interest in football will be dropped when they get bored. Proper fans that are invested in the future of teams that aren’t pay to win can and will only take so much of this. I’ve been supporting Villa for 28 years, and I’ve had almost as many ‘I’m done with football now’ moments as I can take without walking away for good.

The League can’t exist without teams of all sizes and statuses throughout the pyramid, and fans of those clubs just won’t stick around if the whole thing is obviously rigged. F**k this shit.

Ah yes, but proper fans are legacy versions of the “fans of the future”, remember?

• Haha 1

Â