Weekends Football 25/26 February

andykeenan

8 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

Only saying what I read 

it would also be consistent with the VAR making the decision and not sending the ref to the monitor 

Sorry to quote myself, but it this was the case the comms around it are garbage. They even said on the screen at Goodison ‘no handball by Rodri’ and never showed the ‘offside’ at all.  

4 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

Sorry to quote myself, but it this was the case the comms around it are garbage. They even said on the screen at Goodison ‘no handball by Rodri’ and never showed the ‘offside’ at all.  

Sometimes when they make shitty VAR decisions they do have a habit of coming out afterwards and claiming they made a different decision that was slightly less shitty but largely baffling. I seem to remember them doing that with a completely blatant offside when we played against erm...oh who was it again?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, penguin said:

This is a really misleading picture. It hasn’t hit his arm there. 

Don’t get me wrong, it was a penalty all day long in my opinion. Awful decision. 

But I keep seeing these kind of pictures. The ball DID hit him on the Sleeve line, which is what I assume saved him

Edited by Stevo985

3 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Don’t get me wrong, it was a penalty all day long in my opinion. Awful decision. 

But I keep seeing these kind of pictures. The ball DID hit him on the T-shirt line, which is what I assume saved him

But did the ENTIRETY of the ball hit him ABOVE the t-shirt line?

2 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

But I keep seeing these kind of pictures. The ball DID hit him on the T-shirt line, which is what I assume saved him

It is, agreed. To be honest I hadn’t really paid the picture much attention on that tweet in was more the comparison of events.

Don’t think it would have detracted from the point if they showed the picture of the actual contact on his bicep rather than make it look worse than it was, but then again they do have a Klopp profile pic and handle.

5 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

I'd agree, the first picture is misleading, but the ball has hit him on the join between bicep and forearm - it's as blatant as handball as you could hope for.

The league have come out and said the decision was no handball, nothing to do with anything else - Michael Riley should be sacked, this evening, in shame.

It's a Masi moment.

Everton have been cheated by the people that are supposed to prevent cheating.

I completely agree. It 100% should have been a penalty 

• Like 1

If VAR is legitimate, I just don’t see how these kinds of decisions can keep being given to the top teams. I just watched Man U v Leeds from last week, and if that ref wasn’t corrupt, i’m a dutchman. McTominay could have been sent off about 4 times.

The Sky anchorman, VAR booth, and PGMOL are all desperately swimming for the shore on this one. Throwing in the non-offside of Richarlison, talking about the position of the ref, whether his assistants should have helped him more... all of it pure obfuscation. And this is after they delayed any discussion for 30 minutes because of some Abramovich story that had no place in post-match analysis. No, this was the day the Premier League finally jumped the shark. The only level of plain-sight corruption left for them to go to is a referee removing the ball from the net and saying “Nope. No goal. No reason. Just nope. Play on...”

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

they've had half an hour and haven't been able to find a frame to show offside.

The lines weren't drawn for it by VAR. If they decide it's handball then they go and make sure it wasn't offside, they decided its not handball so the offside was never checked. It looked very close.

Â