Match Thread: Newcastle v Villa

limpid

Cash - dire.

Luiz - dire,

McGinn - dire.

Watkins - dire.

Lumping the ball up to Coutinho and Buendia who are 2ft tall against 15ft defenders - check.

The Ball bouncing of wooden plan Watkins - check.

Forward plays breaking down with Watkins and Cash, over and over - check.

Cash looking like he doesnt know what to do with the football when he passes the half way line - check.

Luiz not showing for balls, taking his time and doing nothing with it, over hitting free kicks constantly - check.

McGinn looking like a panicked chicken head and just......wasting possession - check

Half this team is bottom half quality.

• Like 3

Just now, briny_ear said:

Good news is we have only gone in 0-1 down so there is plenty of scope to improve and still take the game. If I was a Newcastle fan U would be a bit distraught they have n’t made more of their advantage.

The big problem for Gerrard is there are about 6-7 players who need to come off.

Gonna enjoy half time before the shit begins again!

Hauling a bunch of players off is not the solution. What SG needs to do is issue new instructions and the players need to get their heads straight. 

• Like 1

Just now, KevinRichardsonsMoustache said:

If this was Football Manager, you’d transfer list the whole XI, walk out of the press conference, fine them two weeks’ wages and go to the board to ask for more money. Perhaps not too far from what SG will do

If this was football manager id of smashed the **** laptop and it'd be game over

• Haha 4

1 minute ago, The_Steve said:

What's the rule about walls? Wood is basically next to Chambers

6yqHnlt.jpg

Minimum 2 yards away from the wall. Same happened in the 3-2 loss against Arsenal in our first season back. There were 3 fouls on our players before the foul by chambers.

Funnily enough a penalty would have been better for us lol.

Bastards have ruined my weekend. We’re so lethargic.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, gwi1890 said:

Up there with the Arsenal game, only thing is Newcastle haven’t been good,  simple instructions for Howe, let villa play and their bound to do something stupid and give us a chance.

I’d almost agree but Arsenal at least have real quality in their team, this Newcastle aren’t anywhere near that level.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, avfc1982am said:

Short memories? Hes having a bad game. Form has nothing to do with it just tactics. Stop making it out like its a witch hunt.

I’m not I’m looking at the midfield 3 and the last one I would bring off is Ramsey. Luis has been pathetic McGinn ineffective and yes Ramsey hasn’t been great but still more likely than the others to change the game 

Anyone else getting slightly frustrated with how football works though? Be a badly run club with awful players but then a sugar daddy comes in and you can instantly buy ballers like Trippier who can make a difference. Or you can be Man City - terrible club always being relegated - get bought and now look at them. These big take overs are ruining everything with no level playing field. 

This is this worst game of football I've watched since, uh, well, not that long ago, sadly. Once you go past our front 3, it's nothing but headless chickens. McGinn and Luiz aren't working together at all, Ollie has no first touch though at least he's running a bit, and Cash has thrown away at least 3-4 good positions with poor technique and/or decisions. Get Sanson on for McGinn, has better defensively and should be fresher. Last thing we need is a second yellow from a lazy challenge.

1 minute ago, Daweii said:

What's going on? You'd think we were on a 18 match losing streak the way we're playing, we're so nervous on the ball. 

Chambers and Mings are at the back padding their passing stats. Martinez seems nervous. Cash can't seem to control the ball anymore. Digne is struggling to communicate with anyone on the pitch right now. 

Luiz is doing surprisingly well, if you ignore that fact his free kicks and corners have been worse than an 8-year old playing Sunday League. Coutinho/Buendia have been anonymous, although I don't think it's their fault given everything I just talked about. 

Everyone is playing as if we're on the worst run of form in the clubs history. I get that Newcastle are pressing hard, but that shouldn't be making us as nervous as it seems to be. 

I agree on Luiz. Not doing badly today at all and dare I say it but our very few opportunities have stemed from his getting on the ball and driving forward. 

• Like 1