Match Thread: Villa v Leeds

limpid

Just now, Tayls said:

Our defensive play is… questionable. I don’t know what the CBs in particular are thinking. We used to pride ourselves on having a solid CB pairing over the past few years but.. it’s going down hill! Really need to step it up. 

They're exposed. Mings has been abysmal mind.

Our final third play has been outstanding. Our shape without the ball has been a joke. Leeds can move the ball through us at will and we're like statues and letting runners through. The midfield are porous and the defence are a mess.

Tighten up just a bit and we'll hammer them.

1 minute ago, a m ole said:

Really disappointing, I think he has it but needs some time out. I’m weirdly not convinced by Ings though.

It’ll be interesting in Gerrard’s system and the vision of Coutinho to see Ings tried on his own up front replacing Watkins.  I don’t think we’ve seen Ings on his own under Gerrard.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Villarocker said:

Someone is going to offer us £50m for Jacob Ramsey in the summer, you just know it! Stevie boy will tell them to fack off and not come back until after we've won the Champions League and he's worth £250m 😁

They said the same about the legend Jacky Grealish 

Mental half.

We're in more of a rush than Leeds.

So so so easy to get in behind us...just go wide and we simply cannot defend the pitch there unless already camped in.

Fundamental issue with this formation.

Thought Coutinho was very poor up until his goal, then he showed why he's been at the top.