Aston Villa Kits 22/23

Demitri_C

I like the kit.

The Cazoo logo and slogan doesn't offend me as a football fan (its fine) it offends me as a businessperson.

The CEO of Cazoo needs to have a word with the marketing department. 

I have no idea what Cazoo sells and I still dont. Maybe something to do with ride shares or a search engine or a car sales chain? I have no idea what they are trying to sell me. Why not use that slogan area you spent a lot of money on to you know just TELL ME?

Cazoo.
We sell cars cheap.
(or whatever your sales proposition is)

I wont try and solve your cryptic riddle to figure out what the hell you are selling me. You dont need a slogan, you need a competent marketing department. I hate to see obtuse marketing. Keep it simple and direct. Tell the customer what it is you are offering and dont annoy them. 

Edited by ciggiesnbeer
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, maqroll said:

First time we've had a branding slogan, I believe. Hopefully the last time. It is awful. I can't wear a shirt with tacky slogans. 

The Nike one with FX Pro had a slogan, that was a nice shirt but the sponsor was rubbish and massive!

image.jpeg.bf14b69a7a6aac7e5843c0147b46655a.jpeg

• Like 2

Morning fellow Villains,

Can anybody who is going to the club shop do me a favour?

I'm interested in buying some of the Castore shorts but would like to know more details about them that there is on the website 

I'd like to know if any of these shorts have pockets and are any of the pockets zipped.

Players Travel Shorts - Dark Red
Staff Training Shorts - Black
Staff Travel Shorts - Dark Grey

If anyone is going to the club shop and could check them out for me and let me know that would be great as i've moved away from Brum down to Devon.

Thanks

Just now, claretman said:

How do we pronounce Castore?

Is it ‘Castorr’ or the more fancy Castore’?

I’ve spoken to several people including Newcastle fans and nobody seems to know.  I’m assuming the first guess.

It’s pronounced “shìté”

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

I have no idea what Cazoo sells and I still dont. Maybe something to do with ride shares or a search engine or a car sales chain? I have no idea what they are trying to sell me. Why not use that slogan area you spent a lot of money on to you know just TELL ME?

Cazoo.
We sell cars cheap.

I wont try and solve your cryptic riddle to figure out what the hell you are selling me. You dont need a slogan, you need a competent marketing department. I hate to see obtuse marketing. Keep it simple and direct. Tell the customer what it is you are offering and dont annoy them. 

To be fair, the owner of Cazoo, also founded Lovefilm and Zoopla and made hundreds of millions of pounds selling them.

I'm sure he knows what he is doing and doesn't need a new marketing department! :)  Their tagline is. Search. Drive. Smile. 

I thought most people knew that Cazoo were an online car supermarket? Same as Cinch, who sponsor the England cricket team. The popularity of these places increased massively during lockdown. 

14 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

Inspired by the debates on here to what is the “correct claret and blue”

66% of people will get this wrong 

C

West Ham, Burnley, Villa

Edited by Rolta

10 hours ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

I like the kit.

The Cazoo logo and slogan doesn't offend me as a football fan (its fine) it offends me as a businessperson.

Cazoo.
We sell cars cheap.

The fact you posted this on a public forum means their marketing team were successful. 

We look like we're back to the -Esque colors again. I think we had the colours pretty close in the last 2 seasons. Nothing will top the 18/19 colors though. I don't get tired of hyping up that shirt.

Looked like a right proper Villa kit to me today in the flesh. 

Why are so many people down on Castore. Is it because they are a new brand and not Nike or Adidas that so many on here seem to covert? 

Edited by sidcow