Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

1 minute ago, Delphinho123 said:

I reckon we should go after that Bentancur at Spurs. He’s impressed me a lot. Can’t see them selling though. 

We already have a few players playing higher up the pitch, we really should be looking for a proper no6, Bentancur isn't that player, someone like Bissouma would be much better 😀

Is Anguissa achievable in summer or would Fulham want him to stay when they're promoted? He'll surely want to play CL football with Napoli if he can get a permanent transfer there but I don't know if they could afford him. 

5 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

Arsenal have no strikers come the summer, as discussed Inthe Jan thread I think there is a real risk they come in for Watkins who was a childhood fan. 

It makes so much sense that it would be peak Arsenal for them not to try.

Watkins at the right price wouldn’t bother me. He’s a decent striker but there are better out there. If we can get 45-55m for him, I think we can find better.
Tin hat on. 

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

Arsenal have no strikers come the summer, as discussed Inthe Jan thread I think there is a real risk they come in for Watkins who was a childhood fan. 

It makes so much sense that it would be peak Arsenal for them not to try.

As per the other thread, I think we win if he stays and win if he goes with a hefty fee.  I’m not concerned.  

1 minute ago, Delphinho123 said:

Watkins at the right price wouldn’t bother me. He’s a decent striker but there are better out there. If we can get 45-55m for him, I think we can find better.
Tin hat on. 

Agreed

20 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

I think we have a better chance of working with Watkins and sorting his head out than we do finding a striker better than he was last season 

Too early to give up on him 

I don’t think it’s giving up on him, we just know we win whether he stays or goes.

Edited by nick76
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Tin hat on. 

Twice in the same evening I find myself agreeing with you.  I need a couple of aspirin and a lie down.... 😉🤣😉

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jacketspuds said:

Spend the next 6 months scouting players that can improve the midfield.

I imagine Rice will go to Man Utd or Chelsea, Phillips will replace him at West Ham and Bissouma will go to Liverpool.

We have plenty of time to line up some big deals. Still hope we go back in for Hickey as well.

Its a strange window as the World Cup is in December. I cannot see many targetable names moving and risking losing starting spots 

2 minutes ago, Villaphil said:

Expecting a bit of 💰 to play with in the summer.

Rough numbers, so please don’t crucify, but broadly:

Trez £12.5m

Anwar £12.5m

Wes £15m

Targett £20m

Davis £15m

That’s £75m, there’s enough in those sales to pick up Hickey, Coutinho and Bissouma (if we can still get him).  Then we can move on to looking at upgrades up front.

No chance we get any of those fees, I know you said not to crucify and it's annoying when people do but I think we'll do very well to get £40m for that lot and pay for Coutinho. 

• Like 1

I would love to fleece Arsenal for Watkins.  He works hard and has good movement, but his finishing is atrocious and he has shown poor decision making this season.  Is he a top 4 starting striker?  Absolutely not.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

For me, I think we'll see

In (Definites): Hickey, DM and a GK.

Outs (Definites): Trez, AEG, Wes, Targett, Davis, Steer, Kalinic, Hourihane

I also think we'll lose one of Ings/Watkins, one of Luiz/McGinn and potentially one of Mings/Hause.

Then think we'd also bring in replacements for whichever of those we lost. 

I also think we'll be OK with losing one of those first 4 to fund our other moves and OK with losing Mings or Hause to upgrade at CB.

Edited by HalfTimePost

14 minutes ago, Villaphil said:

Expecting a bit of 💰 to play with in the summer.

Rough numbers, so please don’t crucify, but broadly:

Trez £12.5m

Anwar £12.5m

Wes £15m

Targett £20m

Davis £15m

That’s £75m, there’s enough in those sales to pick up Hickey, Coutinho and Bissouma (if we can still get him).  Then we can move on to looking at upgrades up front.

i think more realistically:

Trez - 5m (1yr left on contract)

El Ghazi - 5-10m (1yr left on contract)

Wes - £0 (the guy cant play football at the highest level any more, we will be lucky to even offload his salary)

Targett - £20m

Davis - £10-12m (assuming his Forest loan continues to go well)

So i reckon £40m to £47m all being well.

Edited by MaVilla
  • Like 4

I reckon Luiz will be off if we manage to sign a CDM, this is also how we'll fund that CDM i feel. I reckon he was going off to Arsenal had we done this in the Jan window & that was what all the noise was about. 

Glaringly there is still no new contract for Chuk, Luiz nor McGinn. Hope this changes soon.