Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

Was going to say CB but given Hause contracted extended and Chambers here for next few seasons then four seniors plus perhaps a kid breaking through is enough.

Need an LB.

DM surely...beyond that loads of midfielders.

Would sell Ings and sign younger CF + Archer.

Coutinho full time would be a dream and could well happen.

Think that should be it so we're now in the position of just needing 3-4 rather than 6-7 of the last decade.

I think the summer window has to be going all out for 2 starters to try to push us into the top 6 next season:

• CDM
  • CB (to properly compete for a starting spot with Mings and Konsa)

And then make a decision on Coutinho - either buy him for 30m mindful that he is 30 in June, or look for a similar creative player that is younger but maybe available at a good price (someone like Aouar). 

Hickey should also be on our radar (or another LB) and maybe a RB to compete with Cash (unless Gerrard thinks KKH is ready). 

We need to sell some players like Hause, Trez, AEG, maybe Ings, maybe Sanson, Targett, Davis. Should get minimum 60m for all of them if there are buyers. 

Then decisions need to be made on Archer and JPB (and maybe even Aaron Ramsey) - if their loans go well are they ready to come into the squad and play minutes in the first team. 

Feel it's a big summer ahead. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Villaphil said:

Expecting a bit of 💰 to play with in the summer.

Rough numbers, so please don’t crucify, but broadly:

Trez £12.5m

Anwar £12.5m

Wes £15m

Targett £20m

Davis £15m

That’s £75m, there’s enough in those sales to pick up Hickey, Coutinho and Bissouma (if we can still get him).  Then we can move on to looking at upgrades up front.

Can't see us pulling in that amount of money. I think -

Trez probably about £5m

AEG probably about £5m-7.5m

Wes will go out on loan again and be released on a free

Targett around £15m

Davis around £2.5m-£5m

• Like 2

11 hours ago, MaVilla said:

i think more realistically:

Trez - 5m (1yr left on contract)

El Ghazi - 5-10m (1yr left on contract)

Wes - £0 (the guy cant play football at the highest level any more, we will be lucky to even offload his salary)

Targett - £20m

Davis - £10-12m (assuming his Forest loan continues to go well)

So i reckon £40m to £47m all being well.

I assumed either Wes starts to score goals or we put in an insurance claim, so I think £15m is fair, definitely at least £10m.

out Louiz 25m

out Targett 20m 

out: Ings 20m (or Watkins 40m)

out: Trez, El G, Davies ++ 15m

In:

Bissouma 35m

Coutinho 35m

new full back 10m

New striker Isak 50m, or Lautaro Martinez 70m if we sell Watkins

In 80 - out 130 net spend = 50m

Edited by villa82

Dont think we´ll go for a CB in the summer, with a new contract for Hause and Chambers signing I think they see us set there. Hause and Chambers are ok cover to come in and play 10-15 games between them over the season. Mings and Konsa will always start when fit.

In the summer I think we will sign Olsen, think I read somewhere there was a clause for about 3,5 m euros. A no brainer at that price. A CDM, a good one. A new cover leftback. Other than that probably only if we sell a player.

Hopefully we get Luiz to sign a new deal aswell. To have Mcginn, Luiz, Ramsey, Nakamba, Sanson, Chuckwuemeka and a new CDM fighting out for three midfield spots would be great! 

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I expect another big sale in the summer to balance the books 

Watkins or Luiz I think though that 40 million for Cash if it was real could be looked at

We don't need to balance the books though, we've done that this year 

We've put ourselves in the position where if the right CB is available on the right deal then we can take him, if he doesn't then we carry on as is and develop the youngsters

Same at RB

Need a young LB, CM straight first choice and then a striker, probably £100m spend 

Sell ings and then work on selling some of the loans like trez, Targett and Anwar 

• Like 1

not sure, but i can see a scenario where we have a huge churn of players in the summer.

Who knows tho, might be 2 in, 2 out type thing, could also see a 10 out, 8 in type scenario also.

A bit extreme maybe, but i can see a scenario similar to this:

image.png.03245acda7a9fa4566eae5b40f86373e.png

Edited by MaVilla

2 hours ago, VillaFaninLondon said:

I think the summer window has to be going all out for 2 starters to try to push us into the top 6 next season:

• CDM
  • CB (to properly compete for a starting spot with Mings and Konsa)

And then make a decision on Coutinho - either buy him for 30m mindful that he is 30 in June, or look for a similar creative player that is younger but maybe available at a good price (someone like Aouar). 

Hickey should also be on our radar (or another LB) and maybe a RB to compete with Cash (unless Gerrard thinks KKH is ready). 

We need to sell some players like Hause, Trez, AEG, maybe Ings, maybe Sanson, Targett, Davis. Should get minimum 60m for all of them if there are buyers. 

Then decisions need to be made on Archer and JPB (and maybe even Aaron Ramsey) - if their loans go well are they ready to come into the squad and play minutes in the first team. 

Feel it's a big summer ahead. 

Don’t see Archer and JPB progression as that quick.  We are looking to qualify for Europe and maybe challenge top 4, next season. If Archer, JPB or David impress this season, then I’d expect us to loan them out to Premier League sides next season.

19 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

not sure, but i can see a scenario where we have a huge churn of players in the summer.

Who knows tho, might be 2 in, 2 out type thing, could also see a 10 out, 8 in type scenario also.

Is that your spreadsheet?

You forget likes of Hourihane and Kalinic are still our players! 

Think Gerrard really values Young's influence behind the scenes so wouldn't surprise me if he got another year albeit with less playing time but given 9 subs is here to stay he'll still be a decent option on the bench to bring on to slow down games we're winning with experience. Can play in early rounds of the cups aswell if we play lower opposition. 

3 hours ago, MaVilla said:

Challenge Hayden? People really think he’s ready to come in next year and be our starter?

2 minutes ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

Challenge Hayden? People really think he’s ready to come in next year and be our starter?

nah, just trying to be nice, i mean a RB with Hayden as support, challenge, or i dunno, another years loan.

hard to write all the possible variations in a 3 inch excel cell :)

• Haha 1