Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

3 hours ago, Zatman said:

Soucek not signing a new deal as West Ham wont give him a pay rise. We should be in on  this, maybe even swap with Watkins if he wants out. Big strong, scores goals and has a good engine

Rice wouldnt be the player he is without him as we have seen with England

Gross. No thanks.

18 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Ah that's why you should only spend decent money on good players :flag:

Very easy to not buy bad/ill-suited ones as we have in the past.

Plus! If they aren't what you thought, selling a 25 year old with two years on their contract is easier than selling a 32 year old with two years left.

Look at AC Milan, won the league with the youngest squad in the league plus Ibrahimovic and Giroud and couple other old players. 

So you can bulid a team with young players with a bit of experience. A lot of the players they signed will be going for double the fee or in the case of Kalulu who they paid 500k for they can probably get 20-30 million now if they sold him.

It shows good scouting and signing youth can get you far and what we were told we were getting before.....Pity we changed approach  

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

Look at AC Milan, won the league with the youngest squad in the league plus Ibrahimovic and Giroud and couple other old players. 

So you can bulid a team with young players with a bit of experience. A lot of the players they signed will be going for double the fee or in the case of Kalulu who they paid 500k for they can probably get 20-30 million now if they sold him.

It shows good scouting and signing youth can get you far and what we were told we were getting before.....Pity we changed approach  

Kamara is 22. We are also rumoured to be snapping up a couple of Scottish youngsters.

The approach has not completely changed. We are adding already developed quality to balance it out and set the standards higher.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, paul514 said:

If Roma rejects your bid and he wants to move to you, all you have to do is call up Chelsea and offer them some money to do the deal.

I mean, I've got the 68 mill, just not sure what I want to do with it yet.

6 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Believe Newcastle have got the same lot handling their transfers as Milan. Won't take them long to climb the table.

3 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Believe Newcastle have got the same lot handling their transfers as Milan. Won't take them long to climb the table.

What people do you mean? Obviously many are involved in transfers, but Newcastle recently appointed Brighton’s director of football.

38 minutes ago, paul514 said:

I know right, what's going on with Tarkowski? Where's my next signing?

I am very hungry for news.

You look to be in your profile pic.😉

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I don’t get this idea that we should only sign youth. We’ve done that before. It doesn’t work. The older players we’ve signed (Digne, Coutinho) are an absolute class above. Why shouldn’t we sign older players as well? We have a pretty youthful squad. Look at City and Liverpool and you’ll see a lot of older players in those squads as well. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Spoony said:

I don’t get this idea that we should only sign youth. We’ve done that before. It doesn’t work. The older players we’ve signed (Digne, Coutinho) are an absolute class above. Why shouldn’t we sign older players as well? We have a pretty youthful squad. Look at City and Liverpool and you’ll see a lot of older players in those squads as well. 

We dont really have a youthful squad though, my example was a couple of senior players with younger players which we didnt do before in the Lamberto days 

Vs City we had Mings, Digne, Olsen, Ings, Young, Nakamba involved who are all 28 and older with McGinn and Chambers not far behind

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

Newcastle have hired from Brighton and Liverpool.

AC Milan actually have an ex Villa Sporting Director on their staff. The guy who was in charge when we signed Gueye, Veretout, Amavi, Traore, Ayew and then got relegated.

7 hours ago, Zatman said:

This tells me more about Serie A than Milan’s recruitment. 

22 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

This tells me more about Serie A than Milan’s recruitment. 

This. Serie A is at best on the level of the French Ligue 1. Lagging behind the prem, Spain, and Germany. Even the Portuguese league is up there with Serie A these days.

There are definitely quality players there, but at it's a second rate league these days.

8 hours ago, Zatman said:

We dont really have a youthful squad though, my example was a couple of senior players with younger players which we didnt do before in the Lamberto days 

Vs City we had Mings, Digne, Olsen, Ings, Young, Nakamba involved who are all 28 and older with McGinn and Chambers not far behind

I think Gerrard correctly surmised that we lacked experience in our team. The problem we have is all our players had got their Premier League experience with Villa. Mings, Buendia, Martnez all had a bit before the joined us but not much.

Ings was the first experienced Prem player we signed and Young but he's not a starter. Digne and Coutinho were a step above with Trophy winning, European and International footballers. Getting Kamara in is great as he's lots of experience for his age but he probably will need time to adapt. Getting Bassey in is also good as he isn't needed for the starting 11 yet and has time to improve.

We have players in Watkins, Cash, Buendia, JJ etc.. who are still learning, having just two season of Premier League football to their names. The culture and mentality of our team has come from their shared experiences learning Premier League football. 

We need that experienced Centre Back, midfielder and striker now. Tarkowski, Bissouma, Suarez for example. 

You don't get any awards for the youngest team. You get points for a winning team.

Give me a team of solid 29/30 year olds over possibly successful 22 year olds. 

But the right way to do it is to mix it - Coutinho is what, just short of 30? Is he not a better option than Bailey? 

• Like 1