Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

On 19/05/2022 at 09:16, CVByrne said:

I hope we don't sign Tarkowski, he has non existent passing stats. Worst than even Konsa. 

but he can defend.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Mazrim said:

Some sort of gelatinous monstrous freak that stretches 50 yards?

I hear Reed Richards is pretty Good. We'd have a fantastic back 4

Edited by sne
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

We either need to buy a new striker and sell one of the two we have or decide between Ings and Watkins and enable them to play in a settled side, in a settled position. 

Changing it up all the time isn't helping their consistency and I would imagine contributing to a complete inability to regularly take chances.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, hippo said:

Is Tarkowski one of those players we would only be in with a chance of signing because Gerrard is our manager ?

No, he is just chasing a last big payday

• Like 2

1 hour ago, maqroll said:

Gerrard sounds as if we'll be signing several. 

I can’t see more than 2-3 first teamers coming, but wouldn’t be surprised to see a couple of back ups also.

26 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Tarkowski is better than any CB we have.

Destined to sign a massive deal with Newcastle and be alongside Burn for them.

Yeah that Eddie howe has some pulling power - all the players want to play for him.

Shame he doesn't have a presence when he walks in the room.

28 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Tarkowski is better than any CB we have.

Destined to sign a massive deal with Newcastle and be alongside Burn for them.

He is nowhere near being better than Mings… 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

He is nowhere near being better than Mings… 

Yes he is.

Very similar CBs as well IMO. Far better pure defenders and not great with the ball. Not terrible, but not great.

Edited by Tomaszk
  • Haha 1

Keep seeing these links to De Vrij, and as someone who also supports Inter, it’s great and bad. He’s top class, and very good with the ball. I just can’t see there’s any way he’d ever sign for the Villa. He’s got Spurs and a Conte reunion written all over him. 

1 hour ago, Don_Simon said:

We either need to buy a new striker and sell one of the two we have or decide between Ings and Watkins and enable them to play in a settled side, in a settled position. 

Changing it up all the time isn't helping their consistency and I would imagine contributing to a complete inability to regularly take chances.

I think we'll stick with what we have personally, Watkins, Ings, Archer, maybe Davies 

Hoping archer has a good year 

Its good enough if we set up right 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, 7392craig said:

No, I don’t think we’ll sign a lot of players. I think we’re a CB and a CDM away from being a really strong team.

Pretty much this.  I'm not even massively sure we need a "DM", but someone a bit more physical/destructive in the middle of the park would be good.

Definitely need to sign a centre back or two, though.

• Like 1

Interested to see how Tarkowski performs in a team that isn't sitting back in their own box and where he's expected to do more than just clear the ball.

Maybe he can adjust, not sure I want us to give him a big contract to find out thou.