Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

1 minute ago, theboyangel said:

A striker who can take their chances would be nice 

I don't know how people can watch us and not think we desperately need a striker.

It's not just taking chances, it's having a player that can cause panic and uncertainty to the centre halves, whether it's being able to come short and take the ball into feet use strength/pace, peel off the last man, we've got nothing. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, villanmac said:

I don't know how people can watch us and not think we desperately need a striker.

It's not just taking chances, it's having a player that can cause panic and uncertainty to the centre halves, whether it's being able to come short and take the ball into feet use strength/pace, peel off the last man, we've got nothing. 

There's no good deals around this summer except for the Ekitike who it seems everyone and his dog wants. He is a development player too.

I'm not sure that's the case 

I think most just acknowledge that we have much more pressing issues, and can probably live with the lads we have for now 

• Like 1

Think we need wingers, but SG doesn't play that type of system. Maybe that's the issue?

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, jim said:

No.

Why?

12 minutes ago, daggy_333 said:

Sure RB is one of the positions we don't need to upgrade on this summer? 

We said the same about ollie ans look whats happened this year. We need two quality players in each position.  Cash has been generally good this year but defensively wan bassaka is a lot better

• Like 1

Just now, Demitri_C said:

Why?

We said the same about ollie ans look whats happened this year. We need two quality players in each position.  Cash has been generally good this year but defensively wan bassaka is a lot better

We aren't going to go out and spend the amount of money Wan Bissaka would cost on a player to rotate with Cash. We're not Man City.

4 minutes ago, villanmac said:

Who is gettable that is better than Ings and Watkins and more of a prospect than Archer?  

2 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Why?

You said it yourself. He can’t attack. We play with attacking full backs.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, villanmac said:

The right striker absolutely makes Coutinho + Buendia work. Also suits Ings' game more, while Ollie is better suited to a side playing more on the counter with wingers, imo. Question is, who and how much?

1 minute ago, nepal_villan said:

Who is gettable that is better than Ings and Watkins and more of a prospect than Archer?  

Le Tallac? Djibril Cisse?

• Haha 1

Just now, nepal_villan said:

Ekitike is more of a prospect but he isn't currently better than the two starters. He will go to a bigger club or a club who will pay him loads more than us (Newcastle)

Chambers will be backing up Cash next season until Kesler is ready for the step up.

We already have one of the most exciting talents in England at RB and our senior starter is seriously linked to Atleti. Think we'd be silly to spend money there to plug the gap in-between.

We really shouldve sorted Hickey in the last window. He'd be ideal to challenge both Cash and Digne, plugging the gap for Kesler on the Right before replacing Digne himself.

4 minutes ago, jim said:

You said it yourself. He can’t attack. We play with attacking full backs.

Yeah but games like city we cant play like that. Those are the kind of games you need WB

3 minutes ago, paul514 said:

Ekitike is more of a prospect but he isn't currently better than the two starters. He will go to a bigger club or a club who will pay him loads more than us (Newcastle)

Id prefer Arnaud Kalimuendo who will no doubt be the next PSG player to be sold and go on to be great player … We have Archer & Barry so think not sure we need another striker prospect .

Just now, thabucks said:

Id prefer Arnaud Kalimuendo who will no doubt be the next PSG player to be sold and go on to be great player … We have Archer & Barry so think not sure we need another striker prospect .

I think Barry is too small to be honest

Just now, CVByrne said:

Ending 14th will cost us in the transfer market. We'll never know exactly how but the millions in lost revenue and visually for potential signings. 

not far off 4m per place so over 20m more for Wolves in 8th

1 minute ago, CVByrne said:

Ending 14th will cost us in the transfer market. We'll never know exactly how but the millions in lost revenue and visually for potential signings. 

I don't think the difference of a few places and 6/7 million quid is going to make a huge amount of difference in the grand scheme of things.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, paul514 said:

not far off 4m per place so over 20m more for Wolves in 8th

It's 2,2m per place, but we pay out bonuses to players on each place above 14th we end in League