Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

2 minutes ago, nepal_villan said:

When you’re in the relegation places and Premier League survival is critical (unlike say a Norwich or Fulham), strategy goes out the window.  We’d be in a much different place if we were mid-table right now.  

We've been in the relegation places for 12 hours. The all over the place strategy has been here for longer than that.

• Like 1

Just to get involved in the Transfer Deadline Day madness regarding Gerson...

There's a private jet flying North from Marseille now, about to fly over Paris seemingly heading to England, that is run by a Danish operator. It's destination isn't flagged yet, but I wonder if the Trees is aware of a flight due in to BHX this afternoon...

There's also a second private jet flying from Marseille to Farnborough. That's most likely Ćaleta-Car who seems to be going to Southampton.

Edit: Nevermind - seems to be heading East! 😅

Edited by Wes
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Wes said:

Just to get involved in the Transfer Deadline Day madness regarding Gerson...

There's a private jet flying North from Marseille now, about to fly over Paris seemingly heading to England, that is run by a Danish operator. It's destination isn't flagged yet, but I wonder if the Trees is aware of a flight due in to BHX this afternoon...

There's also a second private jet flying from Marseille to Farnborough. That's most likely Ćaleta-Car who seems to be going to Southampton.

Gerson will probably go to Wolves as an upgrade on Dendoncker for less money.

• Like 1

We want to kick on and get into Europe so we are going to let all the clubs around us hoover up all the bright young talent across Europe whilst we sign the dregs they have just replaced with said talent.

Anyone get the feeling we were completely lied to over the summer??? Repeatedly.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Anyone get the feeling we were completely lied to over the summer??? Repeatedly.

No. I think Gerrard wants "Experienced" players and to bring the age level up and the club have bought into that.  I also think it's a mistake.  It all feels very Everton.

Edited by PieFacE
  • Like 2

This final stage of this window is getting me so worked up! … its like every player closely linked are just so below are expectation level its unreal… we are all getting happy with gallagher really and dendocker i mean they are not the worst players but come on and then to potentially lose luiz… let them take mcginn or sanson, then bednarek who was heading to west ham might be doing a U-turn and coming here its just all really depressing surrounding transfers not sure who feels the same way 

3 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

We want to kick on and get into Europe so we are going to let all the clubs around us hoover up all the bright young talent across Europe whilst we sign the dregs they have just replaced with said talent.

And we still have our dregs as nobody wants them.

24 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Good on FIFA?

Thats someone we were linked to , we should move for him , if we sign him permanent great and he can pair up with Carlos when he returns

Edited by RicRic

Just now, PieFacE said:

No. I think Gerrard wants "Experienced" players and to bring the age level up and the club have bought in on that.  I also think it's a mistake. 

The last bastion of a dead man walking.

It's basically admitting you cannot coach someone, you need players that can just do as they are told.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

No. I think Gerrard wants "Experienced" players and to bring the age level up and the club have bought into that.  I also think it's a mistake.  It all feels very Everton.

Extremely Everton… perfect statement 

1 hour ago, turvontour said:

Question for everyone. Who was the last player we signed who was or is better than all our other players?

This is the thing, we've stagnated.

Likes of Newcastle, west ham, Palace overtaking us.

Still nobody signed then:rolleyes:. My answer to the above question is: image.jpeg.99a6cdeba09eea35427dc753b4ac4c21.jpeg

3 minutes ago, ozvillafan said:

The last bastion of a dead man walking.

It's basically admitting you cannot coach someone, you need players that can just do as they are told.

Gerrard - I need exp pro's to give us that instant impact  to go for a European place 

30 odd games later we sit 2nd bottom