Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

24 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

I'd take him on a free to be honest, have to be cheap wages too!

He is alright for a few cameos, an I'm not sure he's any worst than McGinn at this present time.

I know we are all upset but come on.

Edited by The Fun Factory
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, DCJonah said:

What top players are going to want to join a club in terrible form

34 minutes ago, nepal_villan said:

Our poor form will not attract any decent players

Newcastle had something like 10 points in Jan and still made big signings. You pay them the money and they’ll come irrelevant of the manager and the current form 

• Like 2

The only reason I could think of that the mystery club bidding for Tielemans could be us is that the club hasn’t been named.

Massively clutching at straws here.

We still need to go and chuck £30m at Watford for Joao Pedro. We obviously have the money based on the Sarr deal, unless of course that was just for show.

58 minutes ago, nepal_villan said:

We are in a death spiral, aren't we?  Our poor form will not attract any decent players and our decent players who Gerrard refuses to play want out.

Please tell us some of the other stuff you've made up in your head, it doesn't really have any factual basis but interesting to hear all the same.

30 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

Any chance of a late loan deal for Gallagher?  I'd have thought a deal to Palace would have been done by now.

i thought their bench last night looked very young and weak

can see gilmour leaving on loan (and we shouldnt be anywhere near him) but not gallagher

37 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

Any chance of a late loan deal for Gallagher?  I'd have thought a deal to Palace would have been done by now.

Isn't Gallagher a similar player in style to McGinn and even Ramsey? Think his passing is a bit hit and miss.

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

Id actually take barkley on a free. He struggled a little towards the end but he was very good for us at the start before he git injured 

If Barkley is the answer or even part of the answer then we are in far deeper brown stuff than I ever thought before. Would not touch him if he paid to play ..... never ..... ever !

Edited by Paul33
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

We are going to get a experienced central defender on loan and that will be it.  A somewhat underwhelming finish to the window.

I don't know if it is the FFP or plans for Villa Park redevelopment but the transfer budget is somewhat lower than I expected this summer.

Hopefully we've pulled the plug on the wasteman in charge and hung him out to dry

1 minute ago, Paul33 said:

If Barkley is the answer or even part of the answer then we are in far deeper brown stuff than I ever thought before. Would not touch him if he paid to play ..... never ..... ever !

I don't think we will sign him anyways. He was very good before his injury but then went to shit.

It would be a gamble but if i were to sign him be on a 12 month deal with a option of another 1w months