Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

2 hours ago, a-k said:

Dawson on a 2-year deal makes sense regardless of who the manager is. Decent enough cover for Carlos while he's out, and provides assurance and seniority next season as well.

Moyes probably wouldn't let us have him in any case, after all at the moment we are in direct competition with them in the league. ;)

CB is a necessity. If we don't get a CB by Thursday there's been a colossal **** up.

CM is nearly as vital but at this point we either have decided it's not that important or we simply aren't getting one for whatever reason. Getting a top central midfielder isn't the kind of thing you do in the last week of the window unless you're desperate, which in turn probably doesn't lend itself to bringing in a top quality signing...

We could do with something different up front as well. Definitely third on the list but needed if we wish to improve.

There's not a snowball's chance in hell we're buying all 3 of those and the 'easiest' buy is the central defender. So we'll get a CB (which will not be an exciting transfer) and our phones will only be accepting incoming calls for the rest of the window.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, thabucks said:

Barkley will go where the best  night life is … wasted his career due to his love of clubs and late nights … 

Blackpool it is ;)

Remember when Steve Bruce went into a new season with Elphick, Chester and Tuanzebe as his 3 centrebacks? Elphick scored in a 1-0 win so Brucey sent him out on loan, proceeded to play Tuanzebe at right back despite Alan Hutton and Elmo, and moved a centre mid (Jedi) into defence with an injured James Chester? Those were fun days I tell you.

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, DeadlyDirk said:

Remember when Steve Bruce went into a new season with Elphick, Chester and Tuanzebe as his 3 centrebacks? Elphick scored in a 1-0 win so Brucey sent him out on loan, proceeded to play Tuanzebe at right back despite Alan Hutton and Elmo, and moved a centre mid (Jedi) into defence with an injured James Chester? Those were fun days I tell you.

Thanks! I has deleted that from my memory lol! Jesus! Fun times!! 

• Like 1